Thread: MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard causing random shutdown

MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard causing random shutdown

Hi, I have recently purchased a machine in which i have installed MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard but do not know what could be the problem with the machine but whenever i start the machine it just keeps randomly shutdown and as i have mentioned that it happens randomly thus it is quite difficult to determine as well. Any idea what could be the major reasons behind the same? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard causing random shutdown

See there could be so many problems associated with such random shutdowns thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to test the whole machine and then see what happens. Along with this i would like to know some more information related to this issue and it would be better if you mentioned it perfectly.

Does this occur with one exacting application or software you make use of on your computer?

Do you keep in mind some recent software or hardware changes made on your computer?

Make sure whether the PSU that you are using in your machine is working perfectly or not? Because sometimes short in watts can also cause such problem with the machine. you should try to make use of another PSU and then see what happens?

have you installed any newer hardware in the machine and after that you are having such problem? Have you noticed any such thing? I would say you should try to unplug all external devices and ensure if that helps. Follow the steps to do the same:

Go to device manager and disable,

i. Sound card

ii. Video card

iii. Network card

iv. Modems

v. Ports (serial and parallel)

And then restart the computer and check. If the issue still persist.

If you just wanted to know whether the problem is in the hardware or in the software then you should try to start the machine in safe mode and see what happens, because see if you are not getting the same problem that surely means there could be some problem with the software’s rather any programs in your machine.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the drivers installed from device manager. Because as mentioned there could be so many problems, so among them this could be also one. in fact most of time such problems are associated just because such software issue only, thus you can’t say that it would be because of the hardware, off course that could be another reason for the same.

Anyways lets concentrate over here, and see it is also quite difficult to determine what could be the problem with those drivers as well thus i would like to recommend you that rather than finding glitch you should simply reinstall all the drivers in the machine including audio and video and then see whether you are getting the same problem or what? Because it seems like it will surely been resolved as soon as you completed installation or newer driver.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you should also ensure whether you have installed latest BIOS as well in your machine, because than can also cause such random shutdowns.

according to me it would be better to visit the service center and let them aware about the problem, because see if there could be some problem with the motherboard itself then surely you’ll get replacement for that hardware but before checking it is quite difficult to determine the exact defect in the machine. and if suppose there isn’t any such issue in which you’ll not get any replacement but still you’ll surely get some sort of solution for the same. In fact all the services provided to you will be free of cost if the product you are having will be in the warranty period.

See it might be possible as this could be happening because of the overheating in your machine, have you ever noticed any such issue ever before? Because see overheating is the major concern with almost each and every machine, and for that there are several ways to eliminate that problem from the machine, you have to just simply keep the machine to any play where there is very good airflow and make sure wherever you put the machine is under cool environment. I don’t know whether you are aware about the thermal compound material or not, but that is also one of the way though which you can avoid overheating in the machine, but if you are not aware how to apply that material than you should try to get help from any expertise person because wrong step can make another damage to the existing hardware.