Thread: Black screen with MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) and Radeon 6990

Black screen with MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) and Radeon 6990

Recently I have upgraded my computer. The motherboard is a MSI Z68A-GD55 G3 with integrated GPU. At first I have connected the monitor directly to the motherboard and it start up very well without any issues. I can see everything without any defects. Now I have installed the HD Radeon on it and afterward connected my monitor to that CPU but there is just black screen with few blinking issues. There are no odd beep codes or anything during the start up. Does anyone there who is capable to find out what the problem is?

Re: Black screen with MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) and Radeon 6990

The PC will probably not boot without a CPU that's what one is safe. CPU cooler is installed properly with thermal paste. All power connectors are plugged in? Bios reset?
    If you have more ram bolt plug on it only one time in and take the rest out. Plug and times and hard drives from.

Yes the motherboard probably in the 'buger' after the update. The information does not pass through the graphics card, the screen remains black. Just put the settings BIOS to zero. That is to say to a CMOS. Why did some research but it's not very hard in two ways:
    • Make a short circuit with the rider.
    • Remove the battery 10 min of the motherboard and put it back.

He began a day of its motherboard bios via Windows from the installation site of MSI. After restarting nothing, no signal on the screen, no beeps or special lights abnormal. It has the button and tries removing the battery but nothing works.

Do you think its bios? Or a larger problem?

He was advisor to create a bootable CD with the original bios has taken on the MSI website.

I changed the settings of fan fixed on 55%, and there oddly, the problem with the endless black screen disappears, more black screen at all, and for older games that did it for 20 seconds, well, it only lasts a little longer now and the second temperature, one of the highlights of this card, and exactly the same as before (never exceeds 50 ° and 34 supported in idle). This finding strengthens even more now that I soupcons to food. In terms of customer service before acuter this card at the store, they took care of him a quality control with different benchmark.