Thread: Dell Dimension 8400 giving error “Diskette drive 0 seek failure”

Dell Dimension 8400 giving error “Diskette drive 0 seek failure”

I was having perfectly well working Dell Dimension 8400 with 5gb RAM and Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz. just recently it stared wit malfunction I have merely changed the replaced the motherboard's battery previous today, however when I start up the pc after that I get this error. Which brought Black Screen and it says this Diskette drive 0 seek failure Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility. So no other option I have to press F1 it started to boot my Windows up except then it stops, Restarts itself as well as goes back to the black screen and all start this start once again can anyone here help me set this up I am unable to use my PC and that really annoying please guys reply I would be really appreciating this

Re: Dell Dimension 8400 giving error “Diskette drive 0 seek failure”

If you do not contain a floppy which is also known as diskette drive installed, then just go in to the setup by entering F2 on startup and make sure that the Diskette option is set to off and see if this create a difference just tell me if its works

Thanks for such a helpful reply this help me to get rid of that error however I have some another issue my computer restarted after exited the system Utility It restarted my computer however now it start up the regular Safe mode, Safe Mode with Networking, And other. So I hit Start windows Normally, however then the computer just restarted yet again, and it continually persist to do that I don’t understand what wrong with it

Few questions for you have you made any modification to the Dimension 8400 lately? Why was the CMOS battery swap? I become aware that you posted, there's 5gb of RAM installed, the 8400 merely supports 4gb 4 x 1gb modules . while this happens, what color is the power button LED and is it blinking, or solid?

Also, check the sequence of the diagnostic lights on the back panel of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Few questions for you have you made any modification to the Dimension 8400 lately? Why was the CMOS battery swap? I become aware that you posted, there's 5gb of RAM installed, the 8400 merely supports 4gb 4 x 1gb modules . while this happens, what color is the power button LED and is it blinking, or solid?

Also, check the sequence of the diagnostic lights on the back panel of the case.
    Yeah i did add one more 2gb of RAM. I had 3 GB earlier . at the present that you've told me regarding that my computer supports just 4gb. I've detached the additional Memory Card. Now every time I start it up it always just beeps. I also have one more issue that doesn't concern the Diskette Drive or the RAM .

Also I change the CMOS battery for the reason that the old one was about 1-2 Years old plus it was nearly out of juice.

Hey just tell me do you able to start your PC in safe mode I see you didn’t metion anything about this so please just checked that and inform me whether your pc is able to boot in safe mode .

Well I’ve set the beeping issue clear . It was one of the Memory cards.. One of them wasn’t fine. So at the present My system has 2gb Ram, plus The merely issue at the moment is Its regularly Restarting, I've look at the Diagnostic Light sequence and there is nothing wrong with that Its None. the entire are Green. The Front Panel Light is stable Green. It’s just restarting itself.

My additional problem is sometimes while I start the PC it just starts to go crazy. The Fan starts to blow real quick, not anything loading, plus its just trying to overheat itself however this issue only happens a few times, generally while the PC looses power, or just does it at random.

Just try taking away all the peripherals, apart from the keyboard along with mousing, also remove and reinstalling the PCIe x16 video card, after that see what take place.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    Hey just tell me do you able to start your PC in safe mode I see you didn’t metion anything about this so please just checked that and inform me whether your pc is able to boot in safe mode .
    It isn’t strating in safe mode I just tried again and again but it fails to start on safemode

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    Just try taking away all the peripherals, apart from the keyboard along with mousing, also remove and reinstalling the PCIe x16 video card, after that see what take place.
    I'm not certain what peripherals are, I'm not that fine when it comes to computers, however the video cards just do that that also

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    What I mean to say was by Peripherals is anything related to the outside of the computer. And on top of that did you make sure the four diagnostic lights?

I’ve removed every the USB cords, Graphics card. I started the PC plus it started to go for like minutes then it restarted itself once more. The PC doesn't have any additional graphics card, so it just restarts itself all right i did check the four lights..They were entire Green, Which intended Nothing was wrong.