Thread: Can I replace Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 and 8 GB Ram on Dell Dimension e520

Can I replace Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 and 8 GB Ram on Dell Dimension e520

I had just recently purchased an innovative Dell Dimension e520 desktop pc. Initially it contains Intel Pentium D processor with 4 GB DDR2 un-buffered SDRAM. I need to perform an process, that helps to replace this previous 4 GB DDR2 memory to the 8 GB Ram also with replace previous processor to Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600. Is it possible to this task or not. I'd great appreciate feedback from the forum as to whether there is any possibility to do this connectivity or not.

Re: Can I replace Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 and 8 GB Ram on Dell Dimension e520

Looking towards your query i feel that first of all your motherboard should be compatible with mentioned specification of the desktop system. Before doing this entire complicated task, you need to make sure that the motherboard present on your system is compatible with this Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 and 8 GB Ram. This is necessary to make the proper connection onto this desktop pc.

Re: Can I replace Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 and 8 GB Ram on Dell Dimension e520

This is necessary to first make sure that the motherboard present on your desktop system has been compatible with this new hardware or not. If it is compatible then connect the hardware onto it using the manual of the desktop pc and then upgrade system bios to make proper connectivity onto it. by default it contains 4 MB BIOS chip (NVRAM). Hence try to update it after making this connection it work full to your system.

The processor details are available on the official website of Intel. There is a section on the official website of Intel known as "Processor Spec Finder." You can use this section and get more information about these desktop compatible hardware devices. This is more helpful to you for solving your problem.

If you don’t use BIOS to view this system specification, then you need to perform this task. BIOS will be providing correct specification of this system. These is bios of the system also gives the complete details about the system capable to do this connection or not. Download and update your computer's BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) to the latest revision. Hence try this task and check what result arrives onto bios of dell system.

Dell says that the max memory is 4Gb. And specially the bios of the desktop system has not been detect the additional 8GB onto it. hence there is not possible to make this connection.

In such case bios update task is make a positive impact. You need to first upgrade your system motherboard bios and then try this combination. This is necessary to fix the compatibility problem. Before inserting the new CPU in the motherboard there is necessary to update the bios of the system. Hence I would be suggesting to you for go to online site and download advanced version of the bios. Then store it into external storage device. After that you need to install this version onto your motherboard system. This newly updated bios version will be then capable to detect the latest hardware devices. Then only you can able to connect your 8GB RAM onto this dell dimension based desktop pc with the Intel core2 duo processor. Online update of the bios is fastest way to do this task.

You need to upgrade the BIOS of the system before inserting the new CPU on the system. It works positively on new environment onto the system. A few BIOS redesign systems ready for utilization under Windows, which is helpful and more user-amicable. Hence bios flash has been makes impact onto it. Since you need to redesign BIOS, do it from within the BIOS not from Windows. Then only such process works and it gives positive impact onto your system. Hence try this simpe thing and check what result arrives onto it.

I have confirmed with Dell that a Q6600 would work on the XPS410. The similar type of configuration is being present on the Dell Dimension e520 desktop pc. Hence I would be say that this is necessary to fix such complicated task onto your system.

For more information related to this issue you can take help of the official site of this game. It is much helpful to you. You can get this task onto your desktop pc and hence I would be say that use this process and check what result arrives onto it. Also manual of the dell dimension e520 is being provided complete details about this issue.