Thread: MSI P67A-C45 (B3) motherboard works only with single Memory stick

MSI P67A-C45 (B3) motherboard works only with single Memory stick

Few days ago I have reapplied the thermal paste for CPU as well as VGA card and I installed the whole thing once more just very well, following this I tried to switch on the PC except it keeps rebooting following 5 seconds. I managed to place now single memory stick on motherboard and the memory works, except if I attempt to place the pair, the PC keeps rebooting repeatedly...I previously updated BIOS except the similar trouble happens, as well, my display while an MSI logo show is strange.

Re: MSI P67A-C45 (B3) motherboard works only with single Memory stick

I do not honestly think that because you have a BIOS problem. Either with the slots themselves what is rotten, because somewhere a short circuit in the housing, hampers the functionality of the slots or there is a pin-contact problem between the socket pins of the board and the CPU contact pads (bent pins, radiator to be dressed ... something). Another explanation would be a faulty processor (memory controller in the bucket).

I think that you need to try the appropriate AHCI driver (32bit or 64bit, depending on the version of Windows you are using) to integrate before the actual installation on setup level.

Have you checked all the voltages regarding the memory? I hope that you have double checked it. DRAM Voltage is set in the BIOS.

The first thing I did was update the BIOS but to no avail. Also changing the jumper reset, and even removing the battery. Finally I passed the Windows Memory Diagnostic and not checked any problems. I have installed the 32bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate, which recognizes up to 4GB so I do not think the problem is this. I hope that you have a solution, because if the BIOS do not recognize all memory, an expense will have been in vain.

However for you I can say check out the modules they are not lose the slots on the motherboard, clean contacts with a compressed air gun and try again if still rare CMOS reset bios either goes to the bios and set the values default and exit saving changes and when you enter the bios see if you detect all the Ram

If you do not have much skill with computers may be desirable to take him to a service, if you played with cleaning badly handled or motherboard may be damaged as their circuits are very delicate. Unload be careful of static that can build up your body before you touch anything on the board since any small shock can leave your pc useless, you only have to touch something metal twice before you touch anything, and do not touch the circuits of the RAM modules you ought to take them from the sides.

It is possible that the motherboard is damaged and cannot access the other one socket. Would have to make a thorough review of the cabinet was completely disassembled.

Quite simply, the memory you bought is not supported by your motherboard, your motherboard only supports DDR2 533Mhz and 667Mhz, you will want to put "vest" 800Mhz memory and that is why it does not work, always before buy some component is to review the equipment specifications, in this case you should first check the specifications of the motherboard to see what kind of memory support, you have to go to where you bought it to see if you exchange it for one with a speed that so.

There is a solution to make use of over 3 GB of RAM on a computer to the universal public with 32-bit Windows version. The solution to employ 4 GB or additional on a computer to the all-purpose public is to toggle to 64-bit version of Windows, is the solution suggested by Microsoft. But at rest there is each and every one of the drivers as well as apps for 64-bit version.