Thread: MSI P67A-GD65 does not load OS, shows black screen with a blinking cursor

MSI P67A-GD65 does not load OS, shows black screen with a blinking cursor

Currently I own a B3 version of MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard. I didn’t thought I will get issues with this one. Occasionally following logo screen there is a black screen comes but it will not lead to windows loading screen. Therefore i had to restart and set off bios after that optimize settings by F6 button and modify Marvell to disable. Next following that i save and leave by F10. Do you think that it is a bug?

Re: MSI P67A-GD65 does not load OS, shows black screen with a blinking cursor

First of all
    • See if you can find a more bios' and install updated
    • Controls behind the disc if the jumper to master, and if did try to remove it. Check that you have connected the HD to the END of flat and not at the center.
    • Checks if the bios sees well (make and model specific) hard drive, and if he sees it as primary master is in the bios and both the post, that is when the black screen at startup.
    • If you have a second PC (as I understand it), connect it as slave, delete the existing partitions, refit again, format it, un-mount it and report it on the first PC to see if you can reinstall Windows from CD bootable.

Did you check there be graphic display driver because it is compatible with VGA driver is not to load and it is replaced by the base?

I would declare it's moreover a hardware trouble otherwise UEFI/BIOS settings. Its moment to exclude from limit’s threaded & opens a latest one to obtain a fresh set up at addressing your precise problems.

This is normal when you have more than one hard drive whether you have installed the operating system to store information that is, in my case I have 3 windows XP disc you have stored other information and the 3rd is for testing swap (virtual memory ), each time you start as marked to locate the system on a hard drive but as you do a search over each which contains the operating system to start now this is the configuration of the most recent changes have the option that you choose which hard drive will boot the HD0 or HD1 if oHd2 .... Etc, whether or SCIS but the old people do not have that option check your bios may have the possibility to change that.

If you made a recovery, the machine is alive, right?

I would enter in the bios and I am sure that the boot order as the first device providing the hard drive, and then I make sure that there are no settings / settings "strange" about the hard drive. In case, you can reset the bios to default settings.

Then, if you try to install the system from CD / DVD, it does regularly in port?

Finally, if you can, try another hard drive.

Usually when you see the blinking cursor and a memory problem or hard drive. To test the ram to leave only 1 module inserted, while the disc tries to disconnect it completely, then the PC boot from CD boot to rehearse.

So, just turn on my PC is the word of the manufacturer (compaq) and from there I can access the bios. Even if I remove the hard disk or RAM, however, does not appear any writing boot device not found.. After the logo screen manufacturer is a black screen with the cursor (which should normally take a second and then disappear when the OS starts loading), no written, and the PC remains stationary on the screen.

It would seem just the hard drive! If you have the chance (and if you have not already done so) delete all existing partitions, including the potential for recovery and repartitoning to your liking. Then try again. If the result does not change try a low level format and redo the tests. If everything remains the same I'm afraid you'll have to replace it. (Unless it is the hard disk controller integrated into the motherboard. To eliminate this hypothesis should try a larger HDD)

For me you have a corrupted file system, try starting with a boot disk (floppy / usb / cd) and when you have the command prompt, type CHKDSK / F and see if there are errors.

Otherwise Download HDD Regenerator. It is a shareware program, but the scan is free. The program is very slow (it takes hours) because it does a very thorough examination. However, if you find any errors in the end, you can be reasonably certain that the disk is healthy. If so, the problem must be sought elsewhere, otherwise do not necessarily need to throw the disc.