Thread: Unable to boot MSI 975x platinum Power-Up Edition

Unable to boot MSI 975x platinum Power-Up Edition

Last six month I use this motherboard which is mentioned on title and now I am facing problem onto it. When I try to power on my system and start booting process, booting issue arrived on it with hang up at logo screen. I hope many users faced such kind of issues. Then share your valuable experience over here. I am waiting your valuable reply. System configuration is as follows:
    • Motherboard: MSI 975x platinum Power-Up Edition
    • Processor: Intel Q6600 Quad Core
    • Graphics card: ATI HD3870
    • RAM: 4GB Corsair
    • Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

In such system, I have noticed that the fan on the ATI HD3870 graphics card keeps jerking momentarily. Hence is it possible that problem is related to the GPU. If possible, then please share your valuable reply onto it.

Re: Unable to boot MSI 975x platinum Power-Up Edition

If the GPU was overheating, surely the PC would at least initially post! This happen in few cases, when we insert graphics card onto system for gaming purpose, and it generates heat on our system. In response the motherboard as well as other hardware of the system can’t able to boot system properly. In that case, we need to check other graphics card work on same motherboard or not. This is essential if the graphics card gives problem onto this motherboard for booting system. Hence try different GPU on it and check what result arrives onto it.

I have recently insert GPU on my system and I don’t have much problem with this GPU but the fan on this graphics card are not spin very well. Hence please help me to fix this booting task. Any help to fix this issue will be appreciating.

Quote Originally Posted by DayaA View Post
    I have recently insert GPU on my system and I don’t have much problem with this GPU but the fan on this graphics card are not spin very well. Hence please help me to fix this booting task. Any help to fix this issue will be appreciating.
    In that case, you need to replace graphics card FAN. This is possible if you have recently purchase this graphics card. Hence try to reinsert this graphics card with new FAN. Then check that it works to perform booting correctly or not. I hope this process work on your MSI system.

You need to also check CPU FAN is properly spin or not. If it spin then you need to perform the reinsertion FAN task on it. This will be possible if you want to perform this task. You need to first go to the official site of MSI and find out suitable CPU FAN onto it. Then remove cpu panel and insert this FAN onto proper position. Then perform the bios setting task on it. This will be work in positive way to fix such booting problem.

The 975X is Intel's third-generation PCI Express core logic supports all Intel processors. If you face any problem with this motherboard then you need to perform the processor reinsertion task onto it. Such processor will be helpful to avoid any booting problem. This is helpful to you for avoiding any complicated task onto it. For performing this CPU reinsertion task you need to follow proper CPU reinsertion task. You can do this process with the help of manual as well as few third party sites. Then try to do this reinsertion process and check what result arrives onto it. I hope this will be work to fix your booting problem.

MSI Live Update 5 is a powerful and useful application for updating the latest BIOS and Drivers, saving you time of updating. This bios update task will be helpful to avoid your any type of connectivity or hardware connectivity issues. It works to improve connectivity in best manner. Hence try to do this task and check what result arrives onto it. There is online BIOS update also work to fix this issue. Hence try to do this task and check what result arrives onto it.

Also you need to check the power connection with your system. This will be work to fix your power connection problem. For doing this task, you need to use PSU manual and then insert it into the motherboard as well as system. Hence try to do this connection using the PSU and check what result arrives onto it. Reconnection power cables with motherboard and other hardware will be work to fix your connectivity problem. After finishing this process, make sure all connection established correctly. If yes, then reboot system. It fixes your problem.

The main board BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards. If it won’t boot such type of hardware devices, then you need to perform bios version update on it. Hence try to do this bios update and for doing this procedure you need to use online bios update process. It fixes your complicated problem. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.

Please have a look at the board itself and check the model number and PCB Versions. Also you need to check all the other connection and the CPU of your system has to be properly inserted onto it or not. If yes, then it could be possible that it fixes your problem. Manual of the system will be providing you more information on troubleshooting sections. Hence try to understand it and apply respective solutions as per the problem mentioned onto it. This will be work to fix your problem.

For more information about this issue, you can also take help of the official site. Then try to first find out such sites and then log on to that site. After that you need to take help of official site expert and ask them about this issue. I hope expert help to fix your booting problem. You can also take help of MSI motherboard manual. Troubleshooting section works to provide solutions over this issue.