Thread: How to disable the post BEEP that comes from MSI Z68MA

How to disable the post BEEP that comes from MSI Z68MA

I have recently got Z68MA-ED55 and I am using win xp as my operating system and it is working quite well and I don’t even have any problem with it but then I just hate the annoying beep that I have to hear every time when I reboot it so I just wanted to know if there is some method of switching it off or is there any other weird solution that one has tried to at least reduce the noise coming out form it. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to disable the post BEEP that comes from MSI Z68MA

I don’t think that there is any solution to switch it off I mean that you can try out a ear bud while booting it out, Just kidding I don’t think that we can stop the noise by changing some kind of settings and even I am facing the same but then I don’t have much problem with it because by now I have got used to it if you want then you can try to cover it with some material that will stay on it I mean a thick sticker or something like that.

I don’t think that there is any solution to switch it off I mean that you can try out a ear bud while booting it out, Just kidding I don’t think that we can stop the noise by changing some kind of settings and even I am facing the same but then I don’t have much problem with it because by now I have got used to it if you want then you can try to cover it with some material that will stay on it I mean a thick sticker or something like that.
    No we can disable the mother board beep just follow these steps:
    • Go to my computer and then go to computer management and then go to the device manager.
    • After that juts click on the view and then select the show hidden devices option form the drop down menu.
    • After that you will be able to see the Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
    • When you expand it you will get a beep option then double click on the beep and then click on the driver tab.
    • After that select the type below and makes it disable and then save the changes that you have made.

Hope that was helpful.

You can also try to disable the beep by using the registry and in order to do this just do the following:
    • Go to start and then click on run.
    • Type HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound and then press enter.
    • After that you will get a window and in the right pane you will get see a beep option.
    • Now select the beep option and then change it value to now.

Just check it out and you don’t need to use any sticker or something to reduce the beep or make it silent.

Here is another solution to disable the beep:
    • Go to the control panel and then in to the Sounds and Audio Devices panel
    • After that choose the Sounds tab and then select the default beep in the down window.
    • And after selecting the default beep select none for the sounds below the window and then click on apply and then click on ok.

And now you will not face any beep after this hope that was helpful.

You can also do it by these steps:
    • Right click on the computer icon and then click on the hardware tab.
    • After that click on the Device Manager and then on the view select the “Show hidden devices”
    • And then below the“Non-Plug and Play Drivers” just do a right-click on the “Beep” and then Click on the “Disable” option.
    • Then just select “yes” if and then “no”
    • After that Right-click on the “Beep” and then select the “Properties”
    • And then on the “Driver” tab just set the Startup type as Disabled and then select yes and then ok and then select no of you don’t want to reboot and select yes if you want to.

Hey guys I am really thanks for all your help I was not aware that there is some kind of setting to actually disable it and I never tried to look for the setting in my computer as well but then I have now successfully disabled it and I am really happy to get rid of this beep.

Thanks from me as well even I was looking for a solution for it in fact I had found sole solutions like covering the speaker or cutting its connection on from the motherboard to be the solution to stop the beep and I really feel lucky that I had not tried this stupid solution I always thought there should be a solution to disable it but then I was never aware of it and I was also getting used to it thinking there has not been a solution so far to stop the beep but then at last I found it here I am really thankful to you again for your help.