Thread: After Flashing bios to v2.1 I am Getting a Black screen with my MSI P35 NEO-F

After Flashing bios to v2.1 I am Getting a Black screen with my MSI P35 NEO-F

I have been using P35 Neo-F and recently I have upgraded it to bios version 2.1. But I don’t know what went wrong with it because I am getting a black screen when the pc gets booted I don’t have much idea about this error as I have never came across it before. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem before and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be highly appreciated.

Re: After Flashing bios to v2.1 I am Getting a Black screen with my MSI P35 NEO-F

You can try to clear the coos and in order to do it just follow the below steps:

• Take out the main AC power by pulling it out or if you want you can even shutting it off by the power button.
    • After that just make sure that the capacitors, coils are discharged.
    • Move the CMOS jumper I mean that just change the position of the JBAT1 from its original which means that if the previous position was 1-2 then just make it 2-3 and check that you move it to the respected jumper.
    • There is a special "safe mode" so if you have been overclocking then just set the jumper to the safe setting.
    • Move the CMOS jumper ti its original position after the cmos is cleared
    • After that just restore the power to the system and then reboot.

And then check if you are still getting the black screen or the problem is solved. Just check it out so if there is any further problem then I will help you out.

Re: After Flashing bios to v2.1 I am Getting a Black screen with my MSI P35 NEO-F

There is also a new method of clearing the cmos so you can try this as well as it is quite simpler as well.
    • Disconnect the main AC power and make sure that the capacitors and the coils are discharged.
    • After that drain the capacitors using the power button in order to be on the safer side.
    • And then Press the clear CMOS button that it is at the backside of the I/O panel.
    • After the cmos is cleared just restore the power and reboot the machine and check it out.

Even I am getting a black screen error and I will like to inform you all that I have already tried to clear the cmos by taking out the battery and I have also tried to change the jumper place as it is specified above but then none of them is working and after trying this I was getting wrong cmos but then I tried to load the default cmos by pressing f2 and then I booted in to windows and there I found that the my 3Ghz processor is running at 2Ghz and later when I rebooted to check the bios setting then again I was getting the same black screen error. I don’t know what to do know? Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I am getting a black screen error and I will like to inform you all that I have already tried to clear the cmos by taking out the battery and I have also tried to change the jumper place as it is specified above but then none of them is working and after trying this I was getting wrong cmos but then I tried to load the default cmos by pressing f2 and then I booted in to windows and there I found that the my 3Ghz processor is running at 2Ghz and later when I rebooted to check the bios setting then again I was getting the same black screen error. I don’t know what to do know? Any further help will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to send me your mainboard S/N it will be on the backside of the main board and it will be under the barcode just look for it and then send it to me it will be in a S/N:000-0000-0000000000 format just check it out and then send it to me with your system information as well it will be better if you will zip it and send it to me. I will also suggest you to open the cpu case and see that you find any kind of fault connection or similar issue.

I will suggest you to send me your mainboard S/N it will be on the backside of the main board and it will be under the barcode just look for it and then send it to me it will be in a S/N:000-0000-0000000000 format just check it out and then send it to me with your system information as well it will be better if you will zip it and send it to me. I will also suggest you to open the cpu case and see that you find any kind of fault connection or similar issue.

I have send all my system specification to you as well as the s/n no as well just check it out and please try to help me out with this problem as well. I am just tired of trying solution by now I really want to end this now with a perfect solution as soon as possible because I do most of my work on the same machine and this problem is just irritating me now as I am already loaded with a lot of work and this situation is really driving me out. I have been trying to work it out since morning and by now it has been 6 hours and I am still left with the same problem. I don’t think that there is any kind of fault connection because I have opened the cpu case and I have already checked that there is no such problem.

I think that you have flashed your board to the wrong BIOS you need to reflash it to 1.A just check it here

I have now flashed the BIOS to 1.A but then now I am having some different problem. I mean that now my machine is just so unstable and I have also found that the It keeps rebooting on itself every now and then and it even reboots while it is booting I done know what went wrong with it now. I have also tried to replace the graphic card and ram as well but nothing is helping me out I think that the motherboard is just at its end stage and I wish that it die soon so I can at least go for a new one.

I think that the processor is not getting a stable supply of power or it can be also that the BIOS doesn't is not able to recognize the processor properly or it can be just a memory problem I will suggest to make sure that the you are having the proper settings for the ram that you are using and also check that it is getting a proper voltage. Just check it out and see if these are making any difference and if not then I think that there is some serious issue with you board and either you will have to get it repaired or replaced.

I think that I will better go for a new one because I have found that I have crossed the warrant period as well so I don’t think that getting it repaired will be a better option because there won’t be much difference between the cost of getting it repaired+shipping charges and all as compared to buy a new one.

I have tested my both memory sticks and I have found that they have passed it and they have even passed in the Dual Channel mode but even after testing them when I rebooted the computer then I found that the problem is still the same it still freezes and on Every reboot I am getting the BSOD as well. I have also tried to check it with the different voltage settings for the memory sticks but I don’t think that they are making any difference so I just wanted to know that is there any possibilities that the problem might be due to the HDD I mean that it is failing to sort the data or something else or this problem is just because of the motherboard itself.