Thread: MSI X48C Platinum is not able to recognize memory

MSI X48C Platinum is not able to recognize memory

I was using a x48c board with 4 gb DDR2 previously and after that I have been trying to upgrade to 8gb ddr3 but then after the installation I have found that the board is not booting into bios I don’t know what is wrong but it is making me feel that the cmos is somehow acquiring the changes to the hardware. I don’t know what to do now. Is there anyone who has faced such type of problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: MSI X48C Platinum is not able to recognize memory

Even I am having the same kind of problem I mean after upgrading to the 8 GB ddr3 my machine is just not booting at all I have been trying out a no of solution but none of them is helping. By now I have tried unplugging everything and from the board but I only left the graphic cards as it is and tried to do the whole process again think that there might be some lose connection or something and I have also tried to take out the battery and I have also used the cmos reset button but none of them is helping and now the worst case is that even the previous DDR2 memory which was working well is not working now I mean that I am getting the same problem with it as well. I have found that when I am using the single DDR2 in slot 4 I am getting the double post but then it is not booting actually I don’t know why the board is not recognizing the memory even though I have tried resetting it a no of times it is appearing as if the cmos is not clearing itself. Is there any solution to solve it out or any other solution to at least detect the problem? Any further help will be appreciated.

If you think that the cmos is not getting cleared than you can try out the following solution:

• First disconnect the main AC power by pulling out the power cable or by shutting it off form back of your power supply using the power button.
    • Then just wait for some minutes and then check that the capacitors and the coils are discharged as well and in order to be at the safer side then you can drain the capacitors by pressing the power button.
    • After that just Move the CMOS jumper in to the clearing position which is basically done on MSI boards by changing the position of the JBAT1 from its original position for eg if it is 1-2 then move it to 2-3 but make sure that you find the respected jumper.
    • And if you have been overclocking previously than the board has a special "safe mode" jumper just set it to the safe setting.
    • Just wait till the cmos is cleared and then move the CMOS jumper back to its position.
    • Lastly restore power to the system and then check if it is making any difference.
    • Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not. Best of luck.

You can also try out this method as well:
    • Start by disconnecting the main AC power by the method that has been specified above.
    • Then just wait for a while and make sure that the capacitors and coils have been discharged properly.
    • Just drain the capacitors to be in the safer side by using the power button.
    • After that just Press the clear CMOS button which will be at the backside of the I/O panel.
    • Then wait until the cmos is cleared and then restore the power and then try to reboot and check if it is working now.

This is actually new method of clearing the cmos and it is quite simple as well just try it out and check if it is helping you out.

I have tried both the solution but then I don’t think that they both are helping and I have tried using the 2x4GB dd3-1333MH which is having a CL9-9-9-24 1.5 V memory. I have also tried to set the parameters manually by going in to the cell menu of the bios and then changing the settings and then saving it and then swapping the DDR3 memory but then I had found that I was just able to adjust the memory voltage to 1.7 but then I think that 1.5 should be a setting but it is making me feel that the this is so because I am trying to access the menu with ddr2 installed but then I am not very sure about it.

I have tried both the solution but then I don’t think that they both are helping and I have tried using the 2x4GB dd3-1333MH which is having a CL9-9-9-24 1.5 V memory. I have also tried to set the parameters manually by going in to the cell menu of the bios and then changing the settings and then saving it and then swapping the DDR3 memory but then I had found that I was just able to adjust the memory voltage to 1.7 but then I think that 1.5 should be a setting but it is making me feel that the this is so because I am trying to access the menu with ddr2 installed but then I am not very sure about it.

I think that the below solution will work for you as I had tried the same to run my ddr2 memory when I was having the same problem. This is what I had performed.
    • I had removed all the connections form the motherboard.
    • After that I had used a single stick of ddr2 in slot 4(including the turbo cards).
    • After that I got was able to get a start up but then it was not actually booting into the bios.
    • Then I removed the ddr2 along with the turbo card and then I tried with a single stick of ddr3 in slot 5.
    • After running a power cycle I then replaced the turbo cards and then moved the ddr2 in to the slot 4.
    • And then I was finally able to get the 2 posts as well as the 3rd post which boots into bios.
    • You can also try removing the graphic card and then running a power cycle as well.

I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same my situation is that I am using a Microcenter brand 2gb ddr3 sticks and as far as I know about this memory it is made by A-Data and using this I was able to get in to the bios and it was appearing as if it has started working but then after I did a reboot since then the windows is crashing simultaneously with some kind of blue screen I don’t remember what does it say but then I tried a Memtest86+ and I then found that I was getting error for all the slots and I think that this is some kind of compatibility issue but then I need a solution to get it work. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same my situation is that I am using a Microcenter brand 2gb ddr3 sticks and as far as I know about this memory it is made by A-Data and using this I was able to get in to the bios and it was appearing as if it has started working but then after I did a reboot since then the windows is crashing simultaneously with some kind of blue screen I don’t remember what does it say but then I tried a Memtest86+ and I then found that I was getting error for all the slots and I think that this is some kind of compatibility issue but then I need a solution to get it work. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to run the board by just using the A-Data RAM only and then check if it is making any difference and if it is giving any kind of error and then just note it down and then let me know so I can help you further.