Thread: Some cpu question regarding msi 970a-g45

Some cpu question regarding msi 970a-g45

I am willing to build a new system so I am getting a msi 970a-g45 soon and as far as the cpu is concerned I will be getting a 1055t and o/c to 4 GHz but I am also having a FX-8120 bulldozer as my option but I have not yet found FX-8120 bulldozer support for the mother board I am willing to get so I just wanted to know the cpu support that it has and also what bios it will be using. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Some cpu question regarding msi 970a-g45

Check out the CPU support list here

I will like to inform you that for the FX support you will require BIOS version 1.2 and as far as I remember 1.2 is the latest version as well so if you don’t get the BIOS version then you might also have to use a compatible CPU so as to flash the bios and after that you will have to install your FX CPU. You can also try to use the M flash in order to update the BIOS I mean that you can get the bios file on the usb and then you can try it out but then I personally wont suggest you to use the M flash to update the BIOS because I have found that it is not recommended by the officials but if you want to try it out then you can do it at your own risk.

I will like to inform you that for the FX support you will require BIOS version 1.2 and as far as I remember 1.2 is the latest version as well so if you don’t get the BIOS version then you might also have to use a compatible CPU so as to flash the bios and after that you will have to install your FX CPU. You can also try to use the M flash in order to update the BIOS I mean that you can get the bios file on the usb and then you can try it out but then I personally wont suggest you to use the M flash to update the BIOS because I have found that it is not recommended by the officials but if you want to try it out then you can do it at your own risk.
    Yes I agree to you completely even I have found that the m-flash is just not safe but if you still do not believe then just Google out “M-flash fail and you will come to know the reason why even I won’t suggest you to use the in order to update the BIOS.