Thread: My computer’s power LED blinks (automatically shut down)

My computer’s power LED blinks (automatically shut down)

I am using a computer with the Windows XP installed in that. From last one week I am facing some problem with that. Get turned off automatically and after that I found that the power LED keeps on blinking. I really don’t know that what the reason is for that. I tried with all the things that I know to solve this but none of them worked for me.

Re: My computer’s power LED blinks (automatically shut down)

Are you getting some beep noise from the board. If yes then this is surely the problem with the RAM. So what you can do is, just open the case and remove the RAM from it. Now clean that with the help of some soft cloth or rubber. Make sure that the connecting pins on the RAM are clear and there is no moisture on that. Now connect that back to its place. Start the system. If this is due to RAM then this time you will not get the issues like this.

You can also try by updating the firmware to the latest one. This can solve this problem for you.

This can be because of the overheating. So check for the temperature of the system and see if that is going high? Other than this, I also think that there might be the problem with the PSU that you are using. So you can check for that condition as well. Have you overclocked your computer? If yes then you can also try by downclocking it. So try with these things and let us know if this is not helpful to you so that we can provide you some other alternative solution for this.

In most cases, the sudden reboot a PC is because modules RAM deficient. The memory modules in particular have unbranded small defects that can cause the PC not to function properly. It is necessary to examine the memory with Memtest86. Memtest results are easy to analyze: If the startup screen retains the same table after at least one complete pass, we estimate that the memory is in good condition. If there are additional lines means that the memory is faulty. If your motherboard supports it, then you can buy two modules to take advantage as Dual Channel.

First, try updating the drivers on your computer, for the latest versions of it from the manufacturers. If that fails, you may need to restart your PC with minimal peripherals. Disconnect drives, CD recorders, the Internet connection (modem), printer, hard disk supplementary, etc. If that stops restarting then you can reconnect peripherals one by one until the problem occurs again.

Have you turned on the "automatic restart on system failure"? If yes and there is some failure in your computer then this will restart your computer. So what you can do is, just turn this option off and as you do that then if any failure happens then it will show you the blue screen along with the error code. You can also try to do that.

The main causes for this are software incompatibilities, inappropriate or conflicting drivers, BIOS problems. A first indication can be gained from the event log that stores all the operations of the operating system and it should be reported to the application or drivers who have had problems when closing the program. From Run, type: eventvwr.msc and open the Event Viewer that will show all past events with errors. Windows XP set the default restart when a fatal error if this happens during the shutdown of the system will reboot instead of shutting down.