Thread: How to upgrade Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P firmware with marvell controller

How to upgrade Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P firmware with marvell controller

My Corsair Force Series 3 SSD is only running at half the predictable pace. I’ve tried updating the firmware nevertheless I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard by means of a Marvel controller which seems to be an matter with the Corsair updater. I’ve seen talk about of via Intel drivers, nevertheless how do I modify them?

re: How to upgrade Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P firmware with marvell controller

Quote Originally Posted by pasture View Post
    My Corsair Force Series 3 SSD is only running at half the predictable pace. I’ve tried updating the firmware nevertheless I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard by means of a Marvel controller which seems to be an matter with the Corsair updater. I’ve seen talk about of via Intel drivers, nevertheless how do I modify them?
    Plug up it in a Sata II port; bring up to date the firmware after that boots it back in the Sata III port.

Probably safer to make use of the Intel SATA II ports for the Firmware update, nevertheless the Intel SATA III might work very well .

Intel drivers on a Marvell chipset? By no means heard of that functioning, I uncertainty that it would. You can make use of the Windows 7 msahci driver on the Marvell chipset.

If you are not using the Intel SATA III ports, I would use your SSD on them, much better performance than the Marvel chipset.

I administer to update to the most recent firmware, nevertheless I'm still receiving lower than expected speeds. Using ATTO Disk Benchmark. I am averaging 250 MB/s write and 360 MB/s write which is extremely slower

I think if you still on Marvel if I am not wrong. You should move to Sata 3(Intel). It will give you above 500 mb read/write.

I connected the SSD drive to the Intel controller socket and ran the benchmark once more. This time I get hold of 446k write and 552k read.

Interestingly this new-fangled configuration did nothing to improve the Windows Experience Index score which remained at 7.4

Yes, how dare they make use of incompressible data, so the Sand Force controller must play on a level field with the Marvell or Intel controllers that do not carry out data compression? Not to be anxious, just keep using ATTO and pay no attention to everything else, the others don't matter. no matter what shows the best numbers is accurate, right?

And the Marvell SATA chipset, on one 5 GB/s PCI-E lane, so it's only trailing 1 GB/s over a SATA 6 GB/s interface. That is only 17% dissimilarity, and including transparency such as 8/10 encoding, the dissimilarity should be about 10% if all else is equivalent. At 500MB/s read on factual SATA 6 GB/s, that would mean 450MB/s on the Marvell.

What really is a matter is that it seems the SATA 6 GB/s interface is maxed out at 500MB/s. A new-fangled SATA interface is in the works, nevertheless when? establish saving for that new-fangled motherboard now.

Well, most probable the Syba card you make use of, and in view of the fact that the drivers seem to come from Syba, who know what version of the Marvell driver they are based on. Your information do look like they do well for SATA II, in addition the customary icing on the cake that ATTO adds on.

Attempt running AS SSD Benchmark on your SSD, if only to perceive what is displayed in the upper left hand corner of its display, to observe what mode you are in fact in and if your configured is Ok. The results would be interesting too