Thread: Need help for Asus P8Z68 with Corsair Force 3 90 GB

Need help for Asus P8Z68 with Corsair Force 3 90 GB

I used the Motherboard install cd to merely install network driver to acquire on the net. Then downloaded and updated Asus driver’s official website onto an usb at the same time as doing a Windows update. Windows then supposed reboot PC. Removed network LAN driver I had immediately downloaded and was leaving to reboot, install most recent network driver, all along with all the most recent motherboard drivers, usb etc while continuing with Windows update.

When rebooted it attempt to boot off cd, I go into the edit bios. Distorted boot to force 3 then restarted.Asus icon, then Windows icon with the swirly colors, then screens go black PC stays on. Looks like it’s going to reboot. not anything on display. Do again. I attempt to alter wait for f1 if error to disabled. Nothing. If I have to reinstall Windows on the force how do I do that? With typical hard drive I would just do clean install AMD it would cleanse erase the drive.

Re: Need help for Asus P8Z68 with Corsair Force 3 90 GB

I can get into safe mode if I click on the force directly in the boot Menu. Not sure what to do when I'm there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    I can get into safe mode if I click on the force directly in the boot Menu. Not sure what to do when I'm there though.
    Reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery or shorting the Pins.

I imagine it was a Windows trouble nevertheless I had already reset the bios with the jumper anyway. Screwed around with Master Boot through command line since Windows repair could not come across partition where Windows was. Found it. Activated it. Repair recovery Times three. Almost certainly times 30 since I did not know what I was doing.

Got it to boot. Was shocked though to see 40 or so gigs of the 90 gig drive was dedicated to Windows. Let's install it once more. Installed LAN driver to dl parted thrilling. Protected erased. Had most current firmware. Installed os once more. Didn't make a partition on the SSD. Operational on drivers now. Rebooting after every driver give pleasure to post a link now on what I need to do to the ssd. Trim? Etc so that it is stable. Then I will probably only put Photoshop and wow on that drive. I have another SSD separate and will be getting some 7200s raid 1 on the marvel for storage.

Is that Windows 7 Pro using 40GB? That seems way too high, Win 7 64 bit Home Premium uses less than 10GB.

Part of the 40GB is the Windows page file, which is usually equal to the amount of memory you have. Its size can be reduced, or it can be moved to another drive.

Run a Disk Cleanup on that drive, and also from Cleanup's other tab, you can take away all but the latest Restore point, which can free up multiple GB. I wonder if you in some way have manifold copies of Windows on your SSD.

Windows pro yes I tweaked it all. After wow and installed I have 9 gigs left. I believe I configured large file to memory on some geeks guide on the net since there is none here or it is too solid to come across. With Windows update drivers and all Wow etc yes 9 gigs left.

Boot into safe mode & check your screen resolution. If your monitor is there ignore the rest of this. If the monitor is not there reboot into windows normally. When it stalls at logon hopefully the mouse will still show up. Right click/screen resolution. See if that got your monitor going. If so it should reboot normally.

Note I said knock, not posting more than once. A hit is defined as a post exclusively planned to bring attention for this discussion. If you've done some more troubleshooting and are redistribution the method and results you're not bumping it and consequently it's permitted.

What on earth does that monitor remark have to do with my issue with force3? Twice here nodding your blue hat and Billy club w/o any counsel apart from for maintaining order. Help shall be found somewhere else and the drive returned.

Disable Hibernation
    • Lower the page file
    • Temporary files may take up space.
    • Delete past system restore files