Thread: Want to upgrade from Intel core 2 duo to sandy bridge

Want to upgrade from Intel core 2 duo to sandy bridge

About two years old with everything excluding the monitor and CPU, after my unique 8800GT SLI build sort of explode and take almost the whole thing with it. I make use of this computer approximately exclusively for gaming and running BONIC program in its idle time. I like to be able to run games on superior sandy bridge processor, which I can’t do any longer and why I desire to upgrade. After playing thru a hardly any games with Msi Afterburner on I become aware of that in a lot of games my GPU procedure hang around 45-75% usage, with the CPU churn at 100%. When my GPU is approximately 85-99% usage I get very greatly playable frames (50-100+). Now I might be wrong in thinking this, but to me it seem my CPU has happen to a bottleneck to my GTX 260, which isn't closely the most powerful object around any longer, so I believe it would make more intelligence to upgrade the "foundation" of my computer .

re: Want to upgrade from Intel core 2 duo to sandy bridge

I don’t be acquainted with much about Ivy Bridge individually from the 22nm process it uses. I’m guess it will be additional expensive than a i5 2500k for a performance boost up I wont actually notice doing what I do, or is it really worth coming up for, considering as though there might be a price drop on the sandy bridge processors after ivy is released, though I doubt that

To acquire a help that require to simplifying your opportunity, the test these need to run. First you require to run your game with lesser your declaration and through eye candy and if your FPS will increase, it will indicate that your PC is physically powerful and have a sufficient to drive a better graphics arrangement. And the limits of the PC, moreover by reducing the OC, or in window power managing, limit the highest PC % to something like 70%. If your FPS drop significantly, it is an indicator that your PC is the limiting factor, and a PC improve is in ordered your FPS drops considerably, it is an indicator that your CPU is the limiting factor, and a CPU upgrade is in order. It is probable that both test are positive, representing that you have a well balanced system, and both CPU and gpu require to be upgraded to get improved gaming FPS.

Ivy Bridge is a die shrink from 32nm to 22nm of sandy bridge. Apparently there will be a few more than the standard architecture tweaks. I think the launch time border will be April. If the past hold true, the variety of prices will be similar to what we have at the present, and you will get superior presentation for your dollar. Do not wait for to be able to choose up a new 2500K at suffering prices The Intel list price will remain firm, since it will be sold to the substitute market which is not price aware. On the used market, prices will drop, perhaps 20% to match the new ivy bridge price performance equation. If your need is now, buy now. If you wait for the next best obsession, you will stay forever

Just as a quick test I picked out X3 Terrain argument and set the whole thing to low and went to a lower resolution (god that was ugly...) and my FPS increased by only concerning 10fps, but the same stuttering occur whenever you like additional objects appear on the screen or if I started shooting stuff. On the same settings I limited my CPU to 50% via window control management...and my FPS stayed the same, except my GPU usage dropped down to the teens and the FPS drops went about 5fps lower than usual

I'm not confident why you’re messing with this. He previously supposed his CPU is at 100% custom even as his GPU tops out at 70%. So unless he has a virus problem, his CPU is holding him back. I also don't advice for waiting. IB won't be out for some months. I might see maybe waiting one, but to remain more is just stupid. Speaking of which the presently thing I'd wait for is "cyber Monday", the Monday after thanks giving. Limp along for a money while you save, then get the best deal you can then. You'll need a new CPU, board, and ram. You should be able to reclaim the HSF

The easiest object to do would be to presently put in a 560 it, but the object I'm concerned regarding is that I won’t be able to obtain my hand on whatever thing near 400 dollars for an upgrade again for impressive like the next two years (college is costly). The way I see it is that by after that my CPU will belong in a museum as opposed to inside my comp, while something like the i5 would still be rather strong. But then again, if I upgrade the CPU and not my GPU, the same holds true for the video card, so a bottleneck is predictable really.

At the extremely most I can do 3.85 ghz, but that with over 1.5 v core which I don't actually feel relaxed with, along with temp creep into the mid 60's, so 3.65 is actually the best stable OC I can do. leaving off of all the huge responses I've gotten it looks like I'll be order a new mobo, the i5 2500k and some corsair ram once the money transfer to PayPal. There is one other thing that bothers me however, if I have an OEM version of Win 7 home premium 64 bit, which I listen to gets tied to one motherboard after you install it. I've hear that you can just use the phone activation instead of the online opening and that will work, but then once more some public say that once you install it you actually have no other choice but to pay money for a new OEM kit. Still others say they just slap it on as a lot of boards as they satisfy with no issue

My install of win 7 is take away than a month old, I don’t go installing whatever thing I don’t need/use either. At the most, separately from the game running, I’ll have Skype, condensation and MSi afterburner running. No viruses either, I’m careful about that stuff. As far as successively X3 with reduced CPU power, i realized that the settings in power management didn’t do something... but I can promise you if I reduced my OC to defaulting 3.00ghz,i would see a huge performance hit. When I gape into the extra crowded area of the sector I drop to about 35fps @ 33% GPU procedure, when I stare out into blank space, I go to concerning 115 fps @ 50 GPU usages. My CPU usage is approximately 65-85%. This is with the game put to all high, on all minimum it’s about the same deal; it was like this in windows XP also.

Re: Want to upgrade from Intel core 2 duo to sandy bridge

f you are near a microcenter, they were selling a 2500K for $180 if you walk in. Yes, the omen license is tied to the motherboard mostly. But, if your motherboard fails, and you can't buy an exact replacement, you will ba able to activate with something different. You may need to get this done by phone. It will either be automatic, or in person, not a painful process either way. The key query Microsoft needs to ram rate, so don't pay a great deal extra for faster speed or better timings. Also, don't pay extra for fancy heat up spreaders; know is if the os is running on any other pc. In this case, the answer is no, which is the proper answer. Microsoft is mostly interested in stopping piracy with multiple copies, not in sticking it to the individual user. Also, with ram so cheap, go ahead and get a 8gb kit of 2 x 4gb. It is great for multitasking. Sandy bridge is insensitivethe 1.5v dimms just don't get hot enough to require them, execpting perhaps record seeking overclocks.