Thread: Is this processor is acceptable for my motherboard or not?

Is this processor is acceptable for my motherboard or not?

Hi I am worried about that which mother board will be support to my PC so I mention that here is my processor name intel-i3-550 and the here is my mother board Msi-lga1155. Those which I want to get some idea and the technical aspect of my mother board and say that the socket1156 so far the motherboard says CPU: Socket support feature of Intel bridge processor.

Re: Is this processor is acceptable for my motherboard or not?

Oh which you mention the detail of the motherboards. And the CPU which is not works in that motherboard. They are different socket observiously and the motherboard the motherboard is 1155 and the CPU is 1156, it’s pretty clear to me, I don’t know what you are reading? If you wish a core i3 for that motherboard you want go for the i3 2100.

When the specs motherboard that says its LGA 1156 socket in the technical details so why it don t able to accept to do. I know I can use an i3-2100, but still don’t understand why I can’t use the i3-550 well, that has to be a typo on Amazon's part. No LGA 1156 boards use the H61 Express chipset, and on every other part of the product page it says it is LGA 1155, not 1156. An 1156 CPU will not work on any 1155 board, there are no exceptions

Here even more accurate answer is here in the MSI CPU support for that motherboard. Notice the processor you wish for is not on that list. It is not support so it won't work period. You need a processor on that list to work in that motherboard. So if you want that motherboard you need to decide from that list. It is always best to go to the manufacturer if you wish for clear answers about what work CPU wise for a motherboard Amazon can make mistake but the manufacturer isn't likely to mess up a detail like that

When you got the error MSG it says that 1155 it is the technical detail. And the other error message 1156 and 1155 are the two completely different sockets. They are not interchangeable and you cannot and you cannot create use of an 1156 CPU in an 1155 socket or vice versa. It isn't like the Amd sockets where a few newer CPUs will able to work on an older socket; offer you contain the suitable BIOS. I know, it's really stupid, and Intel only changed the socket for Sandy Bridge in order to sell more

For the Motherboards, but that's the way it is. The i3 2100 maybe will cost about the same as an i3 5xx, while delivering better performance, so just get the 2100 if you are looking for a CPU in that price bracket for that particular motherboard. If you really want the i3 5xx CPU, get an 1156 board, though that's not advisable as 1156 is a dead socket, and there is no upgrade path beyond the Clarkdale and Lynnfield CPUs.