Thread: Getting error while extracting 1801 BIOS file of Asus 680i Striker Extreme

Getting error while extracting 1801 BIOS file of Asus 680i Striker Extreme

hi guys in my computer I am using Asus 680i Striker Extreme motherboard with 4GB RAM and I have downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard and after downloading the BIOS file in my computer I have decided to use the EZFlash utility to update the BIOS and after that I have tried to extract the BIOS file in my USB but while extracting the BIOS from UltraISO it gives me error that file format is not supported.

is there anything I am doing wrong or something else is causing this problem.

Re: Getting error while extracting 1801 BIOS file of Asus 680i Striker Extreme

Well I have gone through the problem which you are facing in your computer and I would like to tell you that you that try to extract the file by using the Power ISO or Demon tools and after that check whether you are having the same problem or not.

Many times this type of problem occurs if the file is not downloaded the completely and that is why I wold like to tell you that you should first check whether your BIOS update file is downloaded completely or not. if the file is not downloaded completely then you have to re-downloaded the file from the internet and after re-downloading the file you have to check whether same problem is coming while extracting the file or not.

I don’t understand why you are using ultra ISO or Poer ISO software to extract the file because as far as I know when you download the BIOS update file at that time it comes in ZIP file. I think you have downloaded wrong file. have you downloaded the BIOS update file from the official site of the Asus or you have downloaded the BIOS update file from any other sources. if you have not downloaded the BIOS update file from the official site then you have to visit the Official site of the Asus and then you have to download the BIOS update file from there and then you have to try to extract that file again and then check whether same error message is coming or not. as far as I know after downloading the BIOS update file from the official site of the Asus you will not get any issue while extracting the file.

if you need any more information then let me know.

if you want to download the BIOS update file from the official of the Asus then you have to click on the download button below.

DOWNLOAD.

I have referred you problem and I have searched the solution for you as you have to said that you are using ultra ISO to extract the file and that is the reason why you are facing this probem. you have to extract this file by using WinRAR or WinZip application and after that you have to put the 1801.BIN file in the main folder of the USB drive. after trying this problem will get solved. try this solution and then let me know.

as you have said that I have to check whether BIOS file is downloaded completely or not and after reading that I have checked that first and after checking that I have open the file in Winrar software and it get extracted successfully and then I have update BIOS in my computer and after updating the it has stopped showing me graphic card . In device manager it does not show my graphic card. What should I do to solve this issue?

Have you tried to fix this issue by doing scan for hardware changes in device manager in your computer? if you have not tried this then you have to first open the device manger in your computer and then you have to do the scan for hardware changes there and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

First thing I will suggest you to turnoff the computer completely and after that you have to open the computer and after that you have to remove the graphic card from your computer and after removing the graphic card you have to connect the graphic card again in your computer and after connecting the graphic card you have to start the computer and then check whether your system is able to see the graphic card or not. I think after trying that your computer will see the graphic card.

if after trying above trick also if you are facing the same problem then you have to also check wheehr all the setting of the BIOS is proper or not. many times because of the wrong setting in BIOS also this tupe of problem can take place.
    first try th
    is solutions and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

Well you if you will check on the Asus official site for your motherboard then you will notice that there is new version of BIOS is available which Striker Extreme BIOS 1901 is. You should download that and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have downloaded the Striker Extreme BIOS 1901 and then I have updated the BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS in my computer when I have start the computer at that time it detect the graphic card properly. thank you for helping me.