Thread: What is TMPIN2 on Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2(rev3.4).

What is TMPIN2 on Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2(rev3.4).

MY system configuration is as follows
    • GA-MA78LMT-S2(rev3.4). What is TMPIN2 motherboard
    • AMD Athlon II X2 260 Processor
    • Onboard graphics,
    • 4GB RAM(1333),
    • Windows XP home edition.

Yesterday I was checking at the component temperature I came to know about the TMPIN2 value. This was the first time I am seeing this. Does anybody know what module TMPIN2 monitors on this motherboard? Why is it much elevated than additional readings?

Re: What is TMPIN2 on Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2(rev3.4).

I've just opened HWMonitor to see how the temperature rise fails to OC with my X6 1055T. Now located under the items "CPU" and "motherboard" yet another entry with the name "TMPIN2". When this temperature is a mad of 122 C (at idle)! I am typing this on a read error, because in the BIOS so far I could never make up more than 40 ° C temperatures.

It would be too high, but this will again be only a faulty display (128 is probably just the max for this sensor. Be permissible value 0xff). Even if you wanted to know more about what it's all about, and stores the SMBus data from the HW monitor, then look for eg in the device manager under the specified address, you'll find only the controllers do not normally but the location of the actual sensor. The best is this: ignore.

The temperatures under TMPIN 0-2 are measured values of sensors are mounted on the main board directly. It is thus the temperature in the inner housing. Using CPUID Hardware Monitor at me I'm reading from 128 ° C. So it is def. no measurement error before.

Getting believable information on top of what TMPIN2 is, and what is it protected working temperature assortment, is proving to be a slight complicated. The internet is an excellent source of conjecture and propaganda.

I am presently running the PC through the side vents blocked within an attempt to sketch air within the front, crossways the motherboard, and out the back. Core temperatures haven't altered, almost certainly for the reason that it has a fan, except every one of the others has dropped via one otherwise two degrees. HDD shows major fall. I will look into forced air effort via seeing if it is probable to set a fan on the front, and furthermore observe what the options are meant for putting back the Nothbridge cooler, otherwise putting in a ducted fan to it.

No idea. Is also nothing to find on Google. For me it was already at 115C. Some speak of a dead sensor. Of other measurement errors. If all temps are in the green area, that's ok. Check if all cables are properly connected. Otherwise it may come from the probe of the fan, because I guess you do not do LN2 (liquid nitrogen) right on the fan? (Yes I know it is hot to the extreme cooling)

Down Re: What is TMPIN2 on Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2(rev3.4).

TMPIN2 runs at about 70C on my motherboard.
    I contacted Gigabyte Support on this. They were of absolutely NO USE. They couldn't even tell me what it was measuring.

As it is only shown on third party software programs(CPUID, Speedfan etc) and not on their own monitoring program they weren't interested.

I came to the conclusion that Gigabyte Support has no idea what Gigabyte make.