Thread: Unable to turn off usb HDD in Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Unable to turn off usb HDD in Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I have the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and when I turn off my computer's USB port capacity will not turn off or something and my hard drive keeps spinning USB powered. I tried different ports on the back and nothing. What should I do? I hope I never have to return this because I just got a bad one replaced him.

re: Unable to turn off usb HDD in Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I thought these boards Gigabyte On / Off Charge Technology which keeps the power after the system is off so you are able to charge phones and the like. I think it's a propose characteristic.

re: Unable to turn off usb HDD in Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I updated the bios and tried all ports on the back and front of my computer and hard drive always stays on. I even turned the computer off and tried to connect on all ports and nothing. Do not be left out. This has to be the most annoying thing ever redicouluse. Why my disk would is rotated when my computer all died.

One way of looking at fixing this is to purchase the new version of the box drive that has e-sata and the fair and it is expected that the unit is off or something. Hope is not my mother, because I've spent days and days trying to solve a problem or end to discover that my advice was bad and what is the newest. It’s strange, all my other USB devices power, except the disk. It could be the venue.

Re: Unable to turn off usb HDD in Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Has a button to turn off manually. Well, I found troubles that really bother me. The turbo machine loses overclock when they wake up from sleep mode. It has stuck with a 34x multiplier and not go higher unless a hard reset, then all normal again. ATM, I can not use the sleep mode.

I just sent a support ticket with Gigabyte and wait to observe how they can help resolve this trouble. Hopefully a new-fangled BIOS update to solve this trouble. I am at present in the F4 bios