Thread: HP still shipping defective Intel 6 series chipset after recall

HP still shipping defective Intel 6 series chipset after recall

It seems to me that now the HP has organized a "fix" that isn't actually a fix. I had a DV7T QE (product figure XN093AV) that was prearranged within January. The laptop was exaggerated by the chipset problem and following about a month of verifying back by HP customer service I was lastly told that they had a pledge and that I may perhaps swap over my system for one by means of the recently modified chipset. The substitution system was distributed to me, with matching product number (XN093AV) and restricted the equal defective chipset.

Re: HP still shipping defective Intel 6 series chipset after recall

I don’t know about the HP. As far as I know the chipset issue is not related to HP but its Intel. Intel resumes shipments of brackish Sandy Bridge chipsets after requests from PC vendors. That circumvent the design flaw in the chip by the SATA-300 connectors are not used. The brand new chipsets in the 6-series (codenamed Cougar Point), the latest Core i5 and i7 processors (codenamed Sandy Bridge) seem a mistake to have the control ship (controller) for SATA devices such as hard disks. The performance and functionality of the controller takes over time. This ultimately leads to no longer usable SATA ports. Hard drives are therefore effectively inaccessible.

But what I'm waiting for is an official notice and for now only came out a note from HP USA. Since according to the stores are giving different information. In some states you have to return it now and get back the money and others that can wait to ask at the time the change of motherboard.

HP is trying to discourage us to wear. Answering the call for witnesses only takes 2 minutes. There is nothing to lose (except time for me to put it all online). But if by chance it worked, we will have much to gain. Obviously I cannot promise anything about the results, but know that I can be tough ... very tough!

To manage this situation, Intel has coordinated with the manufacturers of desktop computers, notebooks and motherboards and the unique action as fast as possible. Dell, Asus, Acer, MSI, Toshiba, HP and Gigabyte have already reported to have already done so, behind clear indication of Intel, to identify and block lots of Sandy Bridge in shipping products and have ordered all distributors and retailers to halt sales and to make all products.

Intel announced directly to the affected chipsets has been shipped to motherboard manufacturers and stores want to get back in April with new chipsets to come. Major manufacturers like Lenovo, HP and Acer announced immediately provided computers to retrieve.

Alternate however, just told to continue using the H67 and P67 chipsets Sandy Bridge. The four SATA 300 ports affected by Alternate not used, connect the hard disk will be through one of the two 600-port done. That option has now also embraced Intel, after pressure from the other PC makers.

Intel says that only PC makers who indicate in advance to choose a configuration that avoids the problem, the chipsets will come again.