Thread: Having slow performance with MSI K9N2 SLI motherboard and SSD OCZ Vertex 3

Having slow performance with MSI K9N2 SLI motherboard and SSD OCZ Vertex 3

Hi, I have installed MSI K9N2 SLI motherboard with one SSD OCZ Vertex 3 HDD in the machine in which I have installed windows 7. But after doing that everything appears to be completely slow, performance went completely down.

Together with this let me tell you as I have installed BIOS v3.9 version for my motherboard so that could cause the problem, any idea? Did I installed perfect version or shall I choose any other version?

Please let me know what could be the factor which is causing the machine to work slower than the expected. Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: Having slow performance with MSI K9N2 SLI motherboard and SSD OCZ Vertex 3

See there could be so many reason that can cause this problem in your machine and for that you must have to test them all.

First of all you should make sure whether the SSD HDD you have installed in the machine has the same standard that matches with the motherboard standard. I mean to say sometimes it happens as the motherboard ports is of 2.0 version and the HDD has 3.0 port, thus at this moment if you connect the HDD then though it has ability to work faster but still it will run slowly only.

And if suppose that’s the only problem then I think there isn’t any such solution, you must have to change the port for sure in your machine.

Make sure that the HDD firmware is not corrupted, because it can also cause the SSD’s to be work slower than the usual speed.

If you are not getting anything then also I would suggest you to update the firmware for sure, and off course if you are not aware than you can simply visit the service center for the same.

Apart from this you can ensure whether the cable that you are using is working perfectly or not, you can try another cable for testing.

I am not sure whether the installed BIOS drivers is the most recent one or not but if you want to search about the same then you can have option as you can simply visit the motherboard manufacturer’s official website. And from the download section you’ll get the BIOS and other drivers for the machine, and I would like to suggest you that you should try to download all of them and reinstall it again in your machine and then see whether the same thing is happening or not.

have you ever tried overclocking the machine? If so then I would like to recommend you that you should try to set it to its default again and then see what happens because sometime overclocking causes the hardware to work more than they are capable and for satisfying this it gets confused and the tasks get more time to execute even more than the usual time.

And if you have installed any antivirus in your machine then I would say you should uninstall that as well, I know that sometimes it is necessary to have it but still it slow down the machine, so if you have installed any you can try with uninstalling that, and together with this if you have doubt on any software that can cause this then you can remove that as well and then test the machine.

I am pretty much agree with the above user but still I would say you should try to reinstall the windows as well, so that if there could be any corruption in that so it would be removed for sure.