Thread: MSI 970A-G45 motherboard with AMD Phenom 955 processor

MSI 970A-G45 motherboard with AMD Phenom 955 processor

Hi, I have recently bought the machine in which I have installed following mentioned parts,

MSI 970A-G45 – motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 - processor
    2 x G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - memory
    Antec 750W TruePower - PSU
    Radeon HD 6950 – GPU

So, first of all please tell me whether the configuration I have mentioned over here is perfectly suitable with the each and every hardware?

Because the problem is like whenever I boot the machine, I can see the CPU temperature starts with 55C and until it reaches to 70C it just gets shut down, and when I put my hands on the hardware’s installed in the cabinet, CPU was so overheated, why so? Any suggestion for getting the issue resolved would be surely appreciated, and really badly need advice. Thanks in advanced.

Re: MSI 970A-G45 motherboard with AMD Phenom 955 processor

See there could be so many things that can cause the CPU to be overheated and we can’t say as this is only because of either software or hardware, but still we should make sure about them both. Anyways are you sure that all the new hardware that you have bought currently is working perfectly, and have you started getting this problem after some time or at the time of installation itself? Because after seeing your whole specification all the hardware’s are almost compatible with each other thus incompatibility is not possible for sure.

Have you installed software rather necessary driver for the particular hardware you have installed? Because see though you have installed perfect driver but if you haven’t installed drivers yet then I think problem is because of that only.

makes sure whether the CPU fan in your machine is working or not. Because they are the most preliminary reason which in tend generates heats in the cabinet.

Thus ensure it first and if suppose you find any problem you can either repair it or simply buy a new FAN for the machine.

Don’t know what could be the problem that causes heat in your machine but still at this moment getting any resolution is too important thus according to me you should to apply some thermal compound on your heat sink, and off course there are too many reputed brands which sell’s such materials for the hardware peripherals and among then my personal recommendation is to make use of material provided by Arctic Silver. You can get it from the computer peripheral store only.

And I have attached a guide as well that you can refer in order to use it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am agree with the above user but still this is not the only fact because whenever we install any hardware in the machine we must have to installed that particular rather suitable drivers as well.

Make sure whether you have installed it or not, and if suppose you have already installed then ensure whether they are working perfectly or just get corrupted or some of the files are missing or not? See sometimes the problem is like it is not always possible to figure out such thing directly and at that time it is always better to reinstall it and then only we can exercise the changes in the machine.

I was also having similar problem once with the machine and I came to know that it was because of the power supply that I was using, actually the thing was like it was not able to provide the efficient voltage required.

Thus according to me you should try to make use of at least 600 watts PSU in your machine, because it is the standard watts recommended by the experts. And always make sure that you have installed latest rather suitable BIOS in your machine.

- keep your PC cool is to give it a little mouthful of air room by removing any obstruction to air flow, or in other words keep the machine in cool environment.

If the CPU setup was inappropriately installed, sense too much stick and/or not completely seated can cause the CPU to overheat and with a bios temperature setting can reboot, if so reset it.

strive setting the overtemp setting to respond by shutting down. If it shuts down then its a CPU heating trouble. If the trouble still restarts then you may have a power supply problem. ALL FANS must be working no matter where ever they are and along with that a cluttered case of harnesses, wiring, etc. can cause deprived air flow dropping the effeteness of any setup. The graphic if a hi-perf type maybe illustrates too much wattage and it can cause a reboot. All these factors come into play by themselves or in concert cause an unbalanced system.

Open case and permit it to vent even better. Also, be aware of the spoil maybe previously done as in a "over-stressed" CPU just can't stay steady Athlon don't like temperature more so than Intel’s. Check all these components as most excellent you can. Clean all dirt bunnies and confirm any fans are working. make sure what the BIOS setting for over-temp is and reset to defaults by clearing the CMOS using the clearing pins. OR here it is also recommended as use the safe setting mode which is almost provided by each and every BIOS.

According to me 70 % of the cases in which motherboard automatically shuts down the power, there will be most likely some spoiled caused to the motherboard. thus ensure first if your motherboard is fine and doing well. And together with this Upgrade your CPU fan with nowadays obtainable extremely well-organized liquid cooling of air cooling solutions for the processor. In which case your CPU temp. won’t rise above 60 - 65 degrees Celsius at full load for even 24 hours and the idle temp. would be around 38 - 45 degrees.

see you should try to clean reinstall the operating system that you are using, because I think the OS you have installed is corrupted and because of that only you are having problem.

This is really getting complicated really, thus I would say you should try to contact the service center of your respective processor and let them test whether the hardware you have is really working perfectly or there is some company fault in it.

Because see getting the solution in early stage is quite crucial because if we continue this way only, it may causes severe problem with other hardware’s as well.

I was also had this problem once with my machine and at that time it was like because of the hardware failure only, and when I visited the service center i got the complete replacement for the hardware which was actually damaged.