Thread: Hypertransport Sync Flood Error with MSI 870-G45 motherboard

Hypertransport Sync Flood Error with MSI 870-G45 motherboard

Hi, I have recently build a new machine for myself but don’t having very wired problem with the machine as everything works fine but when I start the game it just start for some time and after that starts crashing and at last stops with the “Hypertransport Sync Flood Error”.

I haven’t get any such problem with the machine ever yet, not even with my older machine as well and that’s why I am not able to figure out what could be the problem, and what are the threats causing problem with the machine.

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Hypertransport Sync Flood Error with MSI 870-G45 motherboard

So here are some quick fixes that can probably resolve your trouble.

1. almost certainly require just a little more CPU NB voltage and Possibly even a little more NB or HT voltage

2.Try stock settings on your processor

3. Try the fail safe defaults

4. might be a enduring hardware failure, thus replacement is the only option.

See, "HyperTransport Technology helps reduce the number of buses in a system, which can reduce system bottlenecks and enable today's faster microprocessors to exercise SYSTEM MEMORY more proficiently in high-end multiprocessor systems".

Thus whenever this tends to work oppositely that means it has started causing problem with any of the hardware and as I mentioned it majorly put emphasis on the memory to increase the speed of the machine thus the only thing that can cause the error here is the memory thus make sure whether it is working perfectly or not.

Try different memory.

I am completely agree with the above user but still along with that you should make sure whether the drivers that you have installed in the machine is also working perfectly or not. Because with respect to games they are the most effective causers avoid the game to run the we expected.

Thus according to me you should try to reinstall those drivers as well in your machine and then see what happens. And while installing the drivers make sure the one that you are about to install is also working perfectly or not, or else though you clean install it but you’ll get the error again for sure. And here you can have another option as well like you can simply download the drivers from the graphic card manufacturer’s website.

Are you having this problem only while playing the game? And if so then only with any particular games or with each and every games?

Well, if you are only having this problem with games then I think you should check whether the game that you are playing is working rather installed properly in your machine, or if suppose you are not getting any idea then you can simply try with reinstalling the game.

And also make sure all the hardware’s are also working perfectly in the machine or else they will also causes such problem.

It is quite difficult for me too in order to figure out the threat but still can you please mentioned the full specification of your machine so that I can understand it properly, because it might be possible that the is not the only problem rather there could be some problem with any hardware. This is just an possibilities as I am also not sure.

as the extent to I know each and every hardware that I have installed in the machine is well matched too each and every other. Anyways you can see as I have mentioned everything.

MSI 870-G45 Motherboard

AMD Phenom x4 840 3.2Ghz processor

G.Skill memory DDR3 SDRAM 1333 4Gb x2 RAM

500Watt corsair PSU

Nvidia 9500 GT 1Gb GFX

Yeah it seems that you have everything perfectly installed but still I would like to suggest you some of the changes in the BIOS settings. Here I have mentioned some of the recommended settings that you can try and then see whether the same thing is happening or not.

CPU-Voltage

CPU_NB-Voltage -- 1.265

DRAM-voltage -- 1.750 (Up from 1.50)

HT_Link-Voltage -- 1.240

NB-Voltage -- 1.103

SB-Voltage -- 1.196

HT-Link frequency -- 1800

NB-CPU frequency -- 2000

As you have mentioned that you have installed two memory stick in the machine you should try to change the switch command rate to 2T and then see what happens.

If the error remains same you can try to run the machine with each stick one by one, because it seems there could be some problem in the RAM only.

The settings regarding the hypertransport could be made incorrectly and that’s why I think you must be having this problem with the machine, there is neither any problem with the game nor with the graphic card or their respective drivers. Thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to make all the settings to be reconfigure or simply if you are not aware then make it default.