Thread: Unable to unlock MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard with AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor

Unable to unlock MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard with AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor

Hi, I have recently installed MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard and having AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor installed in the machine but having problem with unlocking the processor. As when I was having the previous rather older motherboard everything was fine.

Whenever I try to unlock the CPU it just set automatically to 12 that’s on 2400 MHz but as the extent to I know it should be 15.5 with 3100 MHz, and the worst thing is like Adjuestet Frequency shows 3100 Mhz but actually it doesn’t.

Any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to unlock MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard with AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor

Make sure whether you are having perfect rather suitable version of BIOS installed in the machine? Because I think the older versions don’t have capability to run the processor with the mentioned frequencies.

And If you are having the latest one but still having this kind of problems with the machine that means either the BIOS is corrupted or simply not working, thus at this moment better option would be to reinstall the same BIOS again in your machine, if you are not aware about installing procedure you can simply go through the Guide rather manual that you must have gotten with the motherboard, or you can visit the online websites as well that provides such information.

Re: Unable to unlock MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard with AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor

– I am not sure which version I am using currently with the machine, but please let me know about the newer version that I can have it, and off course from where I can download it?

If you are not able to configure it automatically then according to me you should try to do it manually, in fact if you are using the same version of BIOS mentioned above so you can change the setting by configuring the BIOS itself.

- make sure you are carrying out perfect steps prior to unlock the hardware, in fact I would say you should try to go through the manual that you must have gotten with the motherboard. Anyways if you are still not getting anything you can refer the steps mentioned,

First of all you have to open the Bios -> and then open Overclocking Section -> Advance Clock Calibration -> and then set it to Auto.

This is the essential step of unlocking you can vary HT Speed and ACC level if you are unable to unlock. And really I believe Unlocking cores are always a risk, there is never any assurance it will work.

I think the latest one is BIOS 3.0 version that you can install on your motherboard without any hesitation.

And as far as downloading is concern I would say you should try to get it from your motherboard manufacturing site itself, though there are different sites but still that you can try if you are not getting it from the official site, there are almost very few chances that you’ll not get it from the official website.