Thread: MSI NF980a slowly boot USB Key Drive

MSI NF980a slowly boot USB Key Drive

I buy this MSI NF980a series motherboard six month before and that time, I don’t know why this gives problem on it. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? When I try to boot USB key drive then it boot but most of the time it takes at least 2 minute to perform such task. I used windows 7 on it. I hope many user already fix such issue. Then help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

re: MSI NF980a slowly boot USB Key Drive

If the system bios takes longest time to boot particular device then we need to upgrade the BIOS. In that case, you need to use an online bios upgrade process. After finishing this process, the upgraded bios makes impact and in response it will be fix such complicated problem. then try this and see what happen onto it.

Yes, I also recommended that use this process and after completing such task, the upgraded bios has to be capable to run a bios routine that works to boot any particular device. Then in that case, you need to first download a new bios version on external memory device such as USB pen drive. Then connect this external device to this system and reboot it. After detecting this device as first bootable device try to install an newest bios versions on it. This will be help to you for fix such issue. This is the process that works and in response it works most of the time.

I don’t think so only this upgrade bios works to fix your issue. You can also use an reset setting of the bios by using an proper process. In that system you can do this using three different technique. The simple option is select an existing "Reset BIOS Settings" option. This option set all the setting of this bios to its default position.

I also faced this problem and that time, I haven’t been understand that why this gives me problem. I try to read few articles related to such complicated issue, and they recommended that use an cmos clear task. hence I follow the respective process to do this task. it mentions first remove the CMOS battery cell and then put it after 10 to 15 minute. This process set all the setting of the bios to its default position. I use it and it fix the issue. You can also try this solution.

I haven’t been think that that such problem is completely related to the bios. It could be possible that the device you use is might be already contains such problem. in that case, you need to try to boot another USB pen drive and then see what happen on system when the booting process starts. This will be help to you for fixing your problem.

It might be possible that the CMOS setting has been not properly set and hence such problem arrives. In that case, you need to set this setting and check the result.

I don’t think that's the crisis happen on it, as like I said it does it when booting from usb also. You can also check all the booting details of the USB device. I think this is the way that works to decided that some USB device has gives problem for booting on special system or not. The official site expert has knowledge about it. Then try this and see what happen on it.

Can you check the booting process and all its related information? You can also take the opinion of the manufacturer of the USB drive. The manufacturer gives you better advice related this issue. Sometimes, the complexity makes such issue. Hence I suggested checking compatibility issue on it. This process works to solve your trouble.