Thread: Overclocked Intel core i5 2500K shows BSOD on MSI Z68A-GD65-G3

Overclocked Intel core i5 2500K shows BSOD on MSI Z68A-GD65-G3

I buy this desktop PC that contains an MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 motherboard with an Intel core i5 2500K processor with few of the other suitable hardware peripherals onto it. I overclocked this processor yesterday. In this process, I set the voltage to 1.32, now its set to 1.35 and now it doesn’t shows the BSOD problem. Now this system gives reports 1.344v problem onto it. I need particular way that helps to fix this issue. Any help regarding this issue will be appreciating.

Re: Overclocked Intel core i5 2500K shows BSOD on MSI Z68A-GD65-G3

Check the settings (timings and voltage) your BIOS is using for your memory, and see if they match the memory's spec. If you really see that there is major changes happen onto it then you need to use an proper clear BIOS process onto it. This process works to fix your issue.

You can do this CMOS clear task that helps to set all the configuration of your CMOS to its proper default stage. Then try this and see what happen onto it. This is the way that works onto it. The way is to be use an jumper setting of the CMOS. Then short this jumper and then you can found that the BIOS has to be set to its default position.

You can also doing this process by using an inbuilt option of the BIOS. The "Reset BIOS Settings" option helps to do this task in most easiest way. Then use it and locate the response of the system. I am sure that this will be fix your BSOD problem.

I also faced the similar type of problem. in that time, I read so many articles about this issue. They also explain because of this system voltage this BSOD problem arrives onto it. Then we need to use an either "Reset BIOS Settings" option of the CMOS or an BIOS jumper short technique to solve this problem. I use an simple "Reset BIOS Settings" option. It works and now system works well with running all the high configurations application and video games on it.

I assume your're using an seating the ram in the proper DIMM’s. then I recommended to you for use an proper RAM insertion technique onto it. Try this and check whether the problem is arrives or not.

The same trouble arrives on my system. I inserted the system ram in DIMM 1 and 3 as specified by the mobo. I don't consider that there is something defective about this set of ram. As per the manual the system nothing gives any problem. Then I simply try to check the graphics card of the system. After inserting it into proper position it helps me to solve this BSOD problem. you can also check this conditions.

Well you have tested almost every method if you do it, which is good. Can you test each and every power connection of the system? Because of the voltage problems gives this BSOD issue. In that case, it might be possible that the hardware peripherals of the system give the power connection problem. We need to make sure that it is properly connected or not. If it is not connected then we need to reconnect it in proper position. This will be work to fix such issue.

If the problem is related to the CMOS setting of the BIOS then you need to just try the update BIOS version process. I think this process might be helpful to you for fixing your complicated trouble. Try this and see what happen onto it.

It could be possible that this problem related to the chipset of the system. Then I recommended to you for try to either update a chipset version of the motherboard. I hope that this process helps to you for fixing your complicated problem. Sometimes these troubles of the BSOD related to the chipset and hence try this and see what happen onto it.

Before anything serious or major task on it, you need to check that what changes to your system you made before the trouble happened. This self test process, gives you the proper direction that will be identify where is wrong on your system. Then you can be able to fix this issue. You can also use an manual of this system. I think troubleshooting section of this manual help to fix this issue. Then try this and see what happen onto it.