Thread: CMOS checksum error on MSI P35 Platinum Combo after flashing BIOS

CMOS checksum error on MSI P35 Platinum Combo after flashing BIOS

MSI just posted their latest v1.2 BIOS on the site this weekend. Then I use this version and perform an BIOS upgrade task on it. Now the problem is that after finishing this process, the BIOS has to be gives an CMOS checksum error at the time of booting this system. Then help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: CMOS checksum error on MSI P35 Platinum Combo after flashing BIOS

This issue is caused when the CMOS values are incorrect. There are three main reasons behind this issue and they are as follows:
    • BIOS update.
    • Bad or old CMOS battery.
    • Disconnecting power from computer without shutting down computer.

This three reason helps to make such CMOS checksum error. Then try to use the respective process for solving your trouble.

For solving this problem you need to check the "clear cmos" jumper. Make sure it is not clearing the bios every boot. Test this condition on your motherboard and if it happens then avoid it immediately. This solves your problem.

Before doing bios flashing task on this motherboard Did you check the manufacturers page to see if it is a known bug? Most of the time the manufacturer has already mentioned the kinds of bugs of this launched version. If previously bug present on it then definitely you need to uninstall this version and install the correct compatible bios version. This solves your trouble. The correct process to do this task must be helpful to you for solving your complicated task. then try this and see what happen on your system.

Contact MSI they will send you a new BIOS chip. Same thing happen here at work. I also am facing the similar problem. Then I used this process and after contacting the official expert person, they told me that submit this BIOS chip. Try this and see what happen onto it.

Most likely you have a ram or CPU issue with your bios, but without knowing what you got its hard to say. As per my own experience about this issue, here I think that the CPU might be gives compatibility problem with the installed BIOS version. In that case, you need to either install other suitable version of these BIOS. This will be work to fix the issue generated on this motherboard.

You can also use another solution. That is tried to again update an bios version. If you don’t know the correct process to upgrade the bios then first download the newest bios version onto the USB drive. Then use it and perform the update task. By detecting this USB drive as first boot device you need to execute a command over your MSI system. In short You can make a bootable usb drive using this tool to flash from dos. I am sure that this newly installed BIOS version help to you for solving your problem.

I am a third person experiencing just about the same problem and it turned out to be the motherboard. Then I decided to perform a mentioned clear CMOS setting task on it. This will be work in my case. I think you also need to do this process.

First try adjusting the Power Features in the Bios Setup. Then try different things on it. This is the way that can be work to fix your issue. Most of the time this trouble arrives on system when the power setting of the BIOS did not established in well fashion. Then try this process on your motherboard and check that this problem arrives or not.

It could also arrive because of the power supply of the BIOS makes problem. If system shut down in non proper manner, then such kind of error arrives onto the system. In that case, you need to reconnect your power supply and see what happens onto it. Try this and locate the result after doing this process. Changing the CMOS battery on your motherboard can also solve this problem.

I personally faced this problem and that time, I read so many articles. But it doesn’t help me to fix this issue. For solving this problem, I use an expert advice; they suggest me to change the CMOS battery. I try this and in response this will be work to fix the kinds of error arrive onto it.