Thread: Unable to save setting in BIOS of MSI z68a-gd80-g3

Unable to save setting in BIOS of MSI z68a-gd80-g3

I build this system in last month and that time I use an MSI z68a-gd80-g3 motherboard to build this system. Now the bios of this motherboard give problem. I don’t know the basic reason behind this issue but the system won’t able to save setting in BIOS. Thanks in advance for any help to fix this BIOS issue.

Re: Unable to save setting in BIOS of MSI z68a-gd80-g3

Did you use an F10 option in your BIOS? I personally work on this MSI motherboard and there is an F10 option present onto it. This option helps to you for properly set and save setting of this system in BIOS. Try to do this task and locate the result.

I already do this task but it can’t work to solve this issue. The other thing here is that when I entered into this BIOS all the options allow me to set an setting of this BIOS but later on the after finishing the setting task, I don’t see any think changes on my system. For example if I try to change the first boot device as hard disk then this doesn’t appear on my system. I don’t know why this happen on such highly configured motherboard. Can anyone suggest any solution behind this issue?

If your new setting won’t applied on system, try to reset the setting of the CMOS present on this BIOS. There are two ways to do this task. Clearing the CMOS on your motherboard will reset your BIOS settings to their factory defaults. The easiest way to clear the CMOS is to go into the BIOS setup utility. Then select an existing "Reset BIOS Settings" option. This options helps to you for solving your setting problem by set it into default stage.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the "CLEAR CMOS" jumper on your motherboard. This is the other technique that works when you know about the jumper setting of the motherboard. Then use the jumper pin and short it. This works to set the setting to its default stage.

Yet another way to clear the CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. In such process, you need to unplug the CMOS battery and then don not need to put it for 10 to 15 minute. This CMOS battery provide continuous power supply to the motherboard BIOS. Then after 10 to 15 minute insert CMOS battery into proper position. This process works and then you can see that your problem is solved completely. After clearing the CMOS, remember one thing that you'll require to access the BIOS setup utility. Then reconfigure your hardware settings onto these BIOS. This solves your setting not saving problem.

I must say that you need to first do some testing on it. Then first check to that Is your system overclocked? If your systems do this task then you need to do an process that works to fix this issue which is arrived after doing this overclocked process. Try to do this task and see what happen onto it.

It could be possibly that bad CMOS memory is into this motherboard. You need to take help of the expert person and then replace this BIOS chip. Try this and see what happen onto it. This is the most complicated task onto it. Try to do this process.

In other words the screen should boot to the POST screen after hitting Y to save settings. This is the simple process for saving a setting of these BIOS. Try to do this task and if it still gives problem then take expert advice. I am that expert help to you for solving your complicated problems.