Thread: MSI P6N Diamond not working properly after flashing the BIOS

MSI P6N Diamond not working properly after flashing the BIOS

I am having a MSI P6N Diamond and it was working well by now but today when I upgraded from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM after confirming that it is compatible with my other existing ram. When I flashed the BIOS to the latest version with the help of the MSI Utility program then the process was successful but now I have noticed that I am getting a blue screen when the machine is about to boot. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: MSI P6N Diamond not working properly after flashing the BIOS

I think that one of your ram must be having a faulty module so what you can do is remove all the memory sticks and then check then one by one and run a memtest86+ in order to check if there is any problem with the one of the existing ram and you can also test the memory sticks in 1,2 format I mean starting with the first memory stick and then inserting the second as well and check if you are able to find any difference. Just try to perform this out and let me know if it is solving your problem or not. Hope that helps.

Even I am facing the same problem and below is my system information:
    • Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
    • MSI P6N Diamond LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    • RAM:
    • Crucial CT2KIT25664AA80E (4GB Kit)
    • 2 - 2GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 256MX64 DDR2 PC2-6400
    • +
    • Crucial CT2KIT25664AA800 (4GB Kit)
    • 2-2GB 240PIN DDR2 DIMM UNBUFF PC2-6400 CL6
    • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor BX80562Q6600
    • XFX Geforce 8800 GTX (768 MB VRAM)
    • Sony Optiarc Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s

I have already tried clearing the CMOS as well but even it did not help. Any further suggestion will be appreciated.

What I will suggest you to do is try to flash back to the BIOS you were running previously and make sure that the process is a success and then check if you are getting any kind of error codes of your BSODs .I will like to inform you that at the bottom of the taskbar there must be a little flag so what you have to do is just click on it and then it will open an Action Centre and then the top of the Action Centre dialog box there will be Security and Maintenance so just expand the Maintenance option and then select the "View reliability history" option and then click on the red crossed items in the date/timeline and view the technical detail it will also have the BSOD codes. Just try out this solution and check if it helps.

What I have found is that the mem modules are having different timings at 400MHz so I think that you will have to check the BIOS set the mem timings and you can also try to them manually to the lowest timing values of the two, i.e. 6.6.6.18 and I think that you will require to increase your DRAM voltage to ~1,95V because there must be additional load on the mem controller and I will also like to inform you that the RAM support is determined by the chipset and not the BIOS and the BIOS updates may include more types of memory support as well. In order to flash the BIOS you can use the forum flasher as I have found it to be the safest.

You can also try to change the Memory Timing to manual. Just go to the BIOS setup under Cell Menu>Advance DRAM Configuration and then change the Memory Timing to manual if it is in auto. In manual the following should be listed:
    • tCL (CAS Latency)
    • tRCD
    • tRP
    • tRAS
    • Command Per Clock (CMD)
    • tWR
    • tWTR
    • tREF

Try to set the below four timings in the list as followed. It will be under the under the Advanced memory settings:
    • CL = 6
    • tRCD = 6
    • tRP = 6
    • tRAS = 18
    • CR = 2

And after you set this just move to the DRAM voltage line and after highlighting it try to adjust the voltage.

Even I was facing the same problem and I have tried setting the above timings and I have also tried to adjust the voltage as well but it did not help. I have found in some forum that this problem is because the ram is not compatible with the other existing ram and they have suggested get it replace or get a refund .I will like to share that I have also tried by the auto setting and I am getting the same error with every stick I am testing. I think now I should really go and get it replace and ensure and get a guarantee that the ram will be compatible with the other existing ram.

I am just irritated with this error:
    The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.

Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000011.0x00000000 <Didn't get the rest>

Is there anyone who is having more information about this error because I have by now tried all the above solution but nothing seems to be helping? Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that the ram might not be compatible with each other even if they are be compatible with the motherboard. Just for eg if you are using a chip that is designed to run at 800MHz with CAS=6 and at 667MHz with CAS=5 and the other is designed to run at 800MHz with CAS=5 then you won’t be able to use both of them at the same time. No matter you try to change the timings & voltages you will get in to compatibility issue every now and then.

I am having the same issue. I have identical system configuration as Debraj posted below.

The problem is that the issue still occurs even when testing a single stick of RAM so I am wondering if the problem is on MSI's end (ie a bad BIOS?)

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Please help.

Try disabling "Legacy USB Support" and report back.