Thread: MSI K8N Master2-FAR motherboard is not booting.

MSI K8N Master2-FAR motherboard is not booting.

Hey hi all friends, I am having problem related with the Boot in my motherboard and the problem is that when I am trying to start the system at that time it just beeps two times and after that it shows the RAM issue. And also there I can see that it see that 1,2,3,4 and 5 GB of the RAM, how much I connect it doesn’t matters in this cause. what will you all people will suggest me in this cause? please reply me back about the suggestion and also reply if having the same boot issue. I am having the following configuration of the system:-
    • Mother board : K8N Master2-Far
    • Ram 6 gig Kingston memory stick DDR 400 ECC+REG
    • Hard drive 1 Sata HD
    • Power supply 1 PSU antec Quadro 850 watt
    • Video card 2 MSI N570 GTX

Re: MSI K8N Master2-FAR motherboard is not booting.

Ok, you are telling that you are getting the problem while you are starting your system, and also while starting you get the two beep from the motherboard and then it gives the RAM issue. Here in this cause I think that the problem related with the Ram. I am not sure about this because I don’t know that you are using the new Ram for it or you are using the old or corrupted RAM in your system. To make sure that the problem is not related with the RAM, I will suggest you to check that RAM in the other system and see what happens to that system, if the same issue occurs then there will be problem with the RAM only and if it worked in the other system then I think that the problem will be related with the motherboard or anything else, I am not sure about that. Try with the and reply me back about the results.

Let me inform you that I am using the new RAM, so I don’t think that there will be problem with the RAM. But for making sure about this I have tried with the checking my RAM to the other system and there I found that the RAM is working fine and it is not having any type of the problem. So what can I do now? Any other suggestion related with this topic?

I was also having this type of the Booting problem and for that I was searching for the suggestion. Somewhere I get the suggestion that was to reseat the CPU and heatsink. And also they asked me about the actual CPU. After doing as they suggested me I find that nothing is happened to resolve my problem. And still I am searching for the such type of the suggestion which will help me to resolve our problem in this case. Hope that someone will really help us in this cause.

I get the suggestion about your problem. And the suggestion is that you can try with the removing the Q123 and Q124, if you have no idea about this then I will suggest you to real the manuals which came with the motherboard. After removing the Q123 and Q124, try for the latest update to your Bios and then see it might helps in your cause. I am not sure about this suggestion but it might be help you. Try with this suggestion and then reply me back if it not worked in your cause. And also after doing this all things make sure that you have set the SLI card properly for the 2 cards; if it also not worked then try with the one card only.

I am not going to try this suggestion because I think that I am not a good wielder and if still I tried with this suggestion then there will be chances that it will affect the motherboard to cause any other problem related with this. but here I have checked the SLI card and after this I can see that it is connected properly, and I am very sure about this thing because I have also tried with the installing the windows XP on the same system and I get that the I am getting the display with 1 -2 video card.

Before two days I start getting this problem and this occurs after I install the fresh copy of the Windows XP in my system. I don’t think that this is due to the new installation because, I can see that on the friends system he has also done this and there he get that all things are working fine. I tried with the all suggestion over here and found that this is not working anymore. Any other suggestion in this cause?

Here I can see that you have tried with the all the suggestion provided over here but nothing is happening in your cause. I think that the problem is related with the RAM not with the CPU. But here it also happens that there will be problem with the video-error not with the CPU or memory. For that I will suggest you to try with the other suggestion like checking the other SLI card in your system or else you can also try with the checking your SLI card in the other system. Or else after trying with this suggestion you can also try to rotate the SLI-card and then plug the video card in slot 1. Rotation only switches PCIe-1/2 from 16x/0x to 8x/8x, so regardless the first card should work. Reply back if this also not works.

I will suggest you to try to use the very old PCI-VGA card in your system and see if this helps in your cause. and then if the board is not beeping then it means that the main board has died. You will have to get the other board for this.

Thanks for telling me about this. But I think that the problem is not related with the PCI-VGA card, because in the error, it has mentioned that this is related with the RAM only. And also let me tell you that recently I have bought the new motherboard and so that i think that this is not related with the motherboard. Also I have tried with the checking the RAM, but this is also fine. Any other suggestion in this cause.