Thread: Socket not working in EVGA 112-CK-NF72-RX Motherboard

Socket not working in EVGA 112-CK-NF72-RX Motherboard

I ordered this motherboard: EVGA 112-CK-NF72-RX when I received had a missing pin in the socket. I guess this is a defect and I'm back. Although I thought I would like to observe here before doing something stupid. I surprised no damage around this

Re: Socket not working in EVGA 112-CK-NF72-RX Motherboard

I really thought so, but the damage is so limited (only the pin) that it almost seems intentional? Anyway, my RMA is underway. The funny thing is another Socket 775 each that I received comes with the Socket "protector" loose and tumbling everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Hipolit View Post
    I really thought so, but the damage is so limited (only the pin) that it almost seems intentional? Anyway, my RMA is underway. The funny thing is another Socket 775 each that I received comes with the Socket "protector" loose and tumbling everywhere!
    So. I have a replacement and have the same pin that is absent. Which at this tip that I give it a attempt. CPU fan turns and that's all. No display, no boot, no nothing! Quite irritating.

The point of contactor / ring is absent; nevertheless the spring arm is still there. I doubt if that's on reason or if it was sent back plate. Accomplish you copy the old serial number to contrast with the serial number of the board now in hand?

When I thought of taking (2) Intel chipset boards that pin / is definitely there.

If this is a plank or a board 750i 6xx 7xx series for that matter, you may just necessitate a USB keyboard to the message board. I have had both the 750i and 680i boards from EVGA, and they just be seated there with fans spinning and nothing happens without a USB keyboard (also did the same when he was killed bench press). It is value at least attempt. If you have the back plate with the identical pin is missing, which means one of the small number of things.

1. They tested it and it worked very well without the pin, making it back
    2. They saw that it was actually scratched and will not respect the RMA.
    3. To be put on the stack following it was badly received, and was sent back by fault.

I would contact EVGA again, and tell them you received the plaque you sent it back and that still does not work. Be kind and courteous to them though. This is a great company to deal with, and I'm sure will take care of the matter.

Tried USB keyboard, no go. After taking a closer look at who actually returned my old table, there was a new label on the strap that bad advice is what fooled me, but the old pop outputs of the rear plate are still missing. I have no information on what / how it tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    Tried USB keyboard, no go. After taking a closer look at who actually returned my old table, there was a new label on the strap that bad advice is what fooled me, but the old pop outputs of the rear plate are still missing. I have no information on what / how it tasted.
    To acquire more appealing. They received my RMA in 23; I received the "replacement" and 27 on. According to their policy takes 7-10 days for the RMA process? "Proof" and got back to me in three days? Something really stinks here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post
    To acquire more appealing. They received my RMA in 23; I received the "replacement" and 27 on. According to their policy takes 7-10 days for the RMA process? "Proof" and got back to me in three days? Something really stinks here?
    Do you smell rotten fish off the coast of both? I’ve seen this happen before a couple of times and the only cure is another RMA offer to do the genuine deal the second time.

I spoke with them by phone. They are sending a delivery label to return the damaged board (for the subsequent time) and put back it with an additional (ASUS P5B-VM DO Intel Q965). Not confident I like that idea, nonetheless not the original more.

Apparently what happens is that the support of the Board was damaged, said technical support board not work, did not see the missing pin, found it published and sent back. so apparently the table with this feature missing pin?, but I will not use a damaged plate!

You have not updated to reproduce the firm's recommendation you require to help anyhow I cannot observe what the CPU is using, nevertheless if I read that you're moving right method back to a 965 chipset motherboard. That can be an extremely awful obsession depending on the CPU. I mean, I by no means liked NVidia intended for Intel CPU; nevertheless Intel P45 and P35 chipsets approach after a 965 chipset.

I guess when you go reform. This is often what you get. I lost weeks of time playing with the so-called "pull" and listening motherboard technology clowns speak ill of me when I was doing a high tech company for a motherboard. I've learned my lesson. Good luck man.

What is in my sig is my original design, when I became member of this forum , I never took the time to upgrade, now is a little historical thing.

The plate was originally bought a new G31. Was not to replace anything, just make use of with a number of additional parts to bring jointly a spare pc to have around. I have is a few p4 3 GHz, ddr2/800.

I could tell you stay away from replacement to acquire something practically comparable to the G31 i initially ordered.