Thread: My USB keyboard does not want to access BIOS on MSI 990FXA-GD80

My USB keyboard does not want to access BIOS on MSI 990FXA-GD80

I buy this MSI 990FXA-GD80 motherboard in last month and now it gives problem when trying to access BIOS on USB keyboard. I don’t know why this happen when I am work on the USB keyboard. While when the PS2 keyboard is connected to the system, then it won’t give any proper problem. any information regarding this issue would be appreciate.

Re: My USB keyboard does not want to access BIOS on MSI 990FXA-GD80

This is the problem and if you want to solve this problem, then use simple technique. In that try to perform an CMOS clear task. This will be work to solve your complicated problem. for doing this use any of the CMOS setting clear process.

I also recommended that use this CMOS setting clear task on your MSI 990FXA-GD80 motherboard. This process works in two ways. They are first try to remove the CMOS battery on its appropriate position. Then insert this CMOS battery onto the correct place after 10 to 15 minute. Then reboot your system and check that this problem solved or not.

The other way also works to do this task. in that process, first connect PS2 keyboard and go to the BIOS setting. Then go to the CMOS configuration menu and using the respective option clear the setting of this CMOS. This helps to you for set an setting to its default position. Using this process, user can capable to set setting proper way. Then try this and see the result. I am sure that this works to fix your USB keyboard not able to detect the BIOS.

You can also use an online BIOS version update task. this is the process that works to set the setting of the BIOS to its default stage. Then try this and see what happen onto it.

For solving this problem you need to check the physical connection between this USB keyboard and the system motherboard. If the connection is in proper case, then try different things onto it. There is one solution present over this issue. Reconnect the PS/2 keyboard and boot into the BIOS. Enable legacy USB devices and save. But this solutions works in some limited BIOS system. Hence I am not sure whether it presents on your BIOS or not.

I am not sure but you need to avoid this common process and check particular option onto this BIOS. This option might be already present onto your system. And it is also possible that this option already on disabled mode. Then you need to set it on enabled mode. Try this and see what happen onto it.

There is no such particular option that works to solve this query. For doing this task you need to contact the official site expert. The expert persons have knowledge about it. Then try to access this information and as per the steps mentioned on this information use it for troubleshooting purpose. You can also use a manual help for finding the solution of this problem. then try this and see what happen onto it.