Thread: USB 3.0 ports won't work on MSI E350IA-E45

USB 3.0 ports won't work on MSI E350IA-E45

I just bought a new Kingston Ultimate 32 GB USB 3.0 flash drive. It works fine in my 2.0 ports but I don’t know why this drive gives problem on USB 3.0 ports. I use an MSI E350IA-E45 motherboard and it will be provide the opportunity to perform number of task on it. Then please help me to detect and fix the real problem behind this process. Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: USB 3.0 ports won't work on MSI E350IA-E45

Did you install the USB 3.0 drivers? If you won’t do that task, then you need to do it immediately. For doing this process, first Go to property window of My computer and then hit the hardware tab. It gives you the device manager option. Click on that and select the USB 3.0 driver option on it. Double click on it and using online facility perform an driver installation process. This helps to you for solving your USB not working problem.

This online driver installation process must necessary to establish the proper connection between this USB port device and your installed motherboard. Without this compatible driver there is not possible to make proper connection between your motherboard and the USB port.

Yes, this driver installation is necessary when we already insert an external card for providing USB 3.0 connectivity. In few situations this port already present on the motherboard. In that case, updating the driver of this USB port on motherboard will be help to you for solving your problem. You can perform this task using an online facility or it could also possible by using an storage disk. Most of the time this storage disk is comes with this external card of the USB port.

Before doing any complicated task on it, I suggest to you for set a configuration of the CMOS setting on this BIOS. These configurations are as follows:
    • USB Controller - Enabled
    • Legacy USB Support - Enabled
    • Onboard USB 3.0 Controller - Enabled
    • USB 3.0 Legacy Mode Support – Enabled
    Try to set this configuration on the USB section of BIOS and see what happens on it.

If you already installed the driver of this USB port, and still it won’t detect the USB 3.0 flash drive, then it could be also possible because of the BIOS not able to detect this port. In that situation we need to update existing BIOS of the system

Some cases, these BIOS update task necessary when the CMOS setting of the BIOS not able to detect the connected USB port. In that case, reset the CMOS setting of the BIOS also helps a lot. This is the process, that sets all the setting of these BIOS to its default stage. If the USB port exists on the motherboard, then the reset BIOS helps to detect it on default stage. Hence after finishing this process, we can able to solve this process, I suggest to you for use it and see what happen onto it.

Sure if you have it already. Did you do the Windows Update stuff so it isn't reinstalled? Some of the concept this happens that windows system can’t able to detect the highly configured USB device. In that case, you need to update an existing windows version. This update also works to solve this problem.

I am facing the similar problem on my MSI motherboard. When I check the device manager settings then I try to find out those same entries in Device Manager, which I believe is correct - two controllers each with two ports. Hence I ask you about this query that what should be necessary to solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DayaA View Post
    I am facing the similar problem on my MSI motherboard. When I check the device manager settings then I try to find out those same entries in Device Manager, which I believe is correct - two controllers each with two ports. Hence I ask you about this query that what should be necessary to solve this problem.
    In such situation I suggested to you for use an online driver update task. This is the software that works to fix this issue. Believe me, I already do this task and result is positive. Then try this and see what happen on it.