Thread: Does SATA III SSD's in RAID 0 will support on Asus Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

Does SATA III SSD's in RAID 0 will support on Asus Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

Anyway, I'm thinking to buy two SATA SSD III so I can run RAID 0 on my new computer construction that consists of a Asus Crosshair Formula V and an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T.

The problem I encounter is that apparently put two SATA III SSD RAID 0 can max out your speed only SATA II levels rather than the SATA III according to the motherboard and CPU. So my question is, does the motherboard and CPU I'm thinking of buying be able to support SATA RAID 0 SSD III? Sorry if this was not written very well or does not give me enough information to let me know

Re: Does SATA III SSD's in RAID 0 will support on Asus Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

• I do not know what size or brand of SSD series 3 going to get. The big change will be strong piece.
    • Most AMD SATA controllers 6 have not seen issues on some motherboards with Intel chipsets all later.
    • You get sick, if you buy two strong series SSD price 3 and have troubles.
    • For me it is very early in the ripening of the series of three SSDs.

Re: Does SATA III SSD's in RAID 0 will support on Asus Crosshair V Formula Motherboard

I think there is a trouble of a bus SSD issue regarding the speed Limit is concerned. I have not RESD up on it, nevertheless depending on the PCIe lanes that could extremely well be imperfect.

SATA III has 8 ports on the board which is equivalent to 48 Gbps or slightly less than 6 Gbps to do the math needed 12 lanes (theoretical) to handle the data if everything was full.

I was thinking, is there still any point? I play, most of them is limited to 60 fps, it hits and stays there.

All games work fine without stuttering play all the most fear 3, Crysis 2, etc so there is even an advantage? The operating system boot faster than Ibut only sleeps mostly so light almost immediately?

Short reply is no. The bandwidth of the CPU NB and SB are the warning factors. I can use SATA III without any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    Short reply is no. The bandwidth of the CPU NB and SB are the warning factors. I can use SATA III without any trouble
    This is the SSD I want.

So, basically, with all the parts I set my SSD RAID 0, the SSD will max out at speeds up to SATA III. My friend tried to do this with your system and found his intelligence could only max out SSD SATA II despite being SATA SSD III. Just for clarification, thanks again to all!

Transfers are limited to SATA2/port only if you have troubles with the BIOS version or if you manually change SATA option in the BIOS.

AMD driver is able to run 6x SATA3 units 990FX boards and full SATA3 speed for each port. He's doing about 550 MB / s each SandForce and some based on Marvell SSD (M4 critical with the new-fangled firmware) and up to 750-850MB / s in RAID 0 / 2 SSD (depends on what you force, cache etc. pattern).