Thread: Suddenly Asus Sabretooth 990FX not working

Suddenly Asus Sabretooth 990FX not working

I have a 990FX motherboard Sabretooth (my luck). It was working fine. Very well done. I upgraded my system software (VMware for what it's worth) and asked to reboot the machine. I said OK and closed it.

And it has not since returned. Screen dead. I had some difficulty with the graphics card (Saphire Radeon HD6970), so I thought at first that it might be that the keyboard Num Lock etc was working. I stopped and started a couple of times; plug a different graphics card, no output, not HDMI, not DVI, not VGA through a security device. Even tried different monitors. I do not think to ping the box during this time, I just assumed it was a graphics issue. Now I do not know. Nothing I tried worked. Nothing has tainted in the hardware. The whole thing was functioning very well.

Re: Suddenly Asus Sabretooth 990FX not working

VMware graphics drivers load, so it could cause a trouble if your windows where the difficulty starts. But if your message is in actuality not that seem bizarre and not related to loading VMware.

As has been said - dead screen. It's just dead; it's really most sincerely dead. No post, no nothing. As mentioned, we have also tested another graphics card that I know is working.

It starts up, case fans and CPU work light switch. The keyboard lights turn on and Num Lock and Caps Lock on and off. Now I noticed that the LED lights on the VGA board. So it is graphics related (I think), nevertheless do not be acquainted with how to fix it. I have tried a further graphics card that I be acquainted with is working. Identical result. He moved the bridge've done and conquer all BIOS settings. I even left the CMOS battery.

I have charts! I moved from the graphics card through one of the other PCI-E and am functioning.

So my task now is to find out what is suddenly not working. That has forever worked there before. But that can stay until after breakfast.