Thread: AMD 990X vs. AMD 990FX

AMD 990X vs. AMD 990FX

Am I accurate in my understanding that the dissimilarity between the explanation of the 990X and 990FX is the number of PCIe x16 slots well-matched with CROSFIRE / SLI? Or, are there any noteworthy omissions in the 990X which might have a consequence on that a workstation?

Re: AMD 990X vs. AMD 990FX

Well, glad to know that I'm reading the specs right. Probably easier to list who does not need graphics FPS smoking a contraction level of response. Lost mirroring that level for 20 years. However, I have compiled some great and am looking forward to the time when you can call: significant. For fun, I run the handbrake, blender, Stellarium, more than a few applications of software defined radio and a bit of Halo Combat Evolved.

Which brings me to the root of this entire crack: Given the 990X is a high-quality option for me, as I observe I'm in reality merely two option for a new-fangled motherboard.

• ASUS M5A99X EVO
    • MSI 990XA-GD55
    • GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3

I know that there are three, but I have not heard anything good from MSI in a while so I'll call a placeholder. I wonder if I'll hear about it.

I have read almost as much bad as good of both councils .have not been able to come up w / a metric to lend a hand me make my choice. Support, implementation UEFI? I'm convinced that some if not most of us here have faced similar challenges and share power.

UEFI is not changing much, I personally do not see any difference.

If you thought of getting BD CPU soon, then perhaps a superior suggestion, nevertheless if you keep your P II X2 then new-fangled board will not provide you much except you are going to run SATA3 SSD in RAID or something. What else is there a trouble with the release of the nuclei in some plates (nearly all Gigabyte). It is likely that in 1-2 months there will be some new boards or at least changes that may have corrected some troubles.

Yes, the UEFI specification is mature and I'm sure that both the Asus and Gigabyte. At least attempt to follow. My query could be taken as: Who does a enhanced job of applying right now?

Because, at least for me, is more general, the first step in an upgrade of the generations. I, like many, have limited resources with respect to disposable income and follow a gradual approach to upgrade. Others may have the deepest pockets. Once a new board in my chassis, which can be set by the accumulation of SATA3 units USB3 candy and, finally, BD once the pipe is full and there is a price incentive. Each step should produce a noticeable increase in my benefit user experience and hours of tweaking happy "doing well".

However, all these hesitations or cracking may be in vain in this stage; you claim that the gap is a problem with the Gigabyte. I've seen other information of this, nevertheless there is also mention a firmware flash has solved the trouble. In this case, there are still dilemmas. Gigabyte unlock after updating the firmware. If so, Gigabyte would be eliminated from deliberation and congested the case.

The two big advantages of UEFI are more "space" the size of the BIOS is getting old and tight, and the other is support for 2 TB + Hard Drives. Skin Fancier, more options are also advantages. Gigabyte took the TB 2 +, but it was the last one to take "real" UEFI.Asus had troubles like early adopters UEFI, both native and corrections. I hope and apparently now fixed.

MSI seems to vary advantage in excess of dissimilar boards, I do not be acquainted with if they make use of different design teams or design very hard to cost points. on the whole, you will likely discover most of the information and knowledgeable users of Asus, Gigabyte has the most excellent reputation at the time of support and returns.MSI any advice given can be very good or not so good, many people will not use anything else.

Given your question Asus should make it happy. I’m slightly a Gigabyte Fanboy, I feel more comfortable with their manuals and website, and find answers. There are a number of MSI boards allegedly the most excellent way to stay away from, and some should have Research.

I’ve got the 990x-UD3 and immense recommendation. Many features of the BIOS and only had to rearrange the bios once from a failed OC. Just back and tell you that the current security settings prohibit started and send in the BIOS to fix it. The central release also works well. I opened a 140 sempron last night that the previous owner had no luck with.

SSD will make you happier right now. If your motherboard supports SATA 6 GB or not. Crucial M4 seem to be actually high-quality. Intel, too. The SandForce seem to be fast, but some have troubles with them.

I imagine we be supposed to go with the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 or comparable, if not mind about SLI / CrossFire. The necessary differences between PCIE chipsets and the Amd 990FX, no eSATA ports on the amd 990X and amd 970.

Also note, the 970 chipset does not have USB 3.0 on board, but it has two USB 3.0 ports on the front panel I / O SB, audio chipset, LAN etc is the same. I do not think UEFI has been adopted by Gigabyte at least not for AMD.

I've been looking at the 970, and Skeen. Turns out the EVO M5A97 even has 2 x eSATA on the rear connector assembly. Will wait until the ship BD to see if there are new offers that the MBA is tied to availability. Other than that, I prolly will acquire a 970