Thread: Asus P8Z68 or Asus P8P67

Asus P8Z68 or Asus P8P67

I have a couple of questions about the two sets of sand bridge chip (P67 and Z68).Which is better? I’ve heard Z68 has SSD cache (Intel intelligent response), and I wonder if it permit me make use of the SSD as boot drive, or immediately caching do?

As you can observe some of these questions I have no experience building PCs, but my friend and he only agreed to help build, not look over the components.

Re: Asus P8Z68 or Asus P8P67

1. Depends if you require / desire the features of the Z68 has to proffer.
    2. The main draw of the Z68 chipset is the possibility of using a SSD in combination with a hard drive in RAID system mechanisms. The operating system is installed on the hard drive and Intel software cache files used in the SSD, which should be 64 GB or less.

Z68 has integrated video if that helps at all (no P67).I imagine the SATA port thing was to do with pre-B3 all motherboards had (and have in view of the fact that recalled and permanent)

The report is that the P67 can overclock a bit improved than the Z68, nevertheless if you are pushing absolute utmost would not become aware of the dissimilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan View Post
    Z68 has integrated video if that helps at all (no P67).I imagine the SATA port thing was to do with pre-B3 all motherboards had (and have in view of the fact that recalled and permanent)

The report is that the P67 can overclock a bit improved than the Z68, nevertheless if you are pushing absolute utmost would not become aware of the dissimilarity.
    P67 VTT plates have two phases (ie, 12 +2 P8P67 VTT PRO), while Z68 meetings provide such phases iGPU (iGPU Z68Vpro is 12 +2). It only matters if you are pushing the CPU to the wall.

Using SSD as the boot drive is faster than just make use of it as a unit of cache and a 60 GB SSD is almost as small as you want to go to the operating system. SSD disk cache is for people who cannot have enough money large SSD, you can pay money for cheaper in the smaller (20GB) and add them to a lowering of the mechanical hard drives.

The troubles were due to non-Intel SATA, Asus, and inflexible with the B3 stepping models.

That sounds patronizing and demeaning approach. (And many others) and capacity. Of course I (and many others) can buy an SSD, but I have no need for one. That is not a factor that would show absolutely no difference.

It's all about where you put your money, in most cases, so give pleasure to do not oversimplify. Oh, I just bought a Z68, a mess of RAM, and a 2500K and I have strategy to examination the SSD immediately for excitement.

I'm not being demeaning or generalize here, Intel Smart Cache specifically to allow a smaller (therefore cheaper) ssd, about 20 GB of Intel themselves, or up to 60 GB (slightly larger cache is a waste wise anyway) is added to a system to improve performance, while being cheaper than a SSD larger than many people do not need or cannot afford. Does not talk shit, I know that this economy stinks; I myself have been unemployed for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm not being demeaning or generalize here, Intel Smart Cache specifically to allow a smaller (therefore cheaper) ssd, about 20 GB of Intel themselves, or up to 60 GB (slightly larger cache is a waste wise anyway) is added to a system to improve performance, while being cheaper than a SSD larger than many people do not need or cannot afford. Does not talk shit, I know that this economy stinks; I myself have been unemployed for 3 months.
    It's a little clearer. Sorry if I've been a little difficult, but I've seen people in the past (not recently) act as if they were better because you can afford something other I cannot. Once again I apologize.

I'm an Audiophile with older B & W 801F for the front 2 channels and other B & W for my 7.1 and even at my age in early 2000 for PC sound good with a quality card, and now even improved. So said the sound excellence from any of 889/892 will be not possible to tell apart presumptuous it is all the accurate settings.

If you have a 5.1/7.1 costs then you are losing large so much, especially distorted range none of this matters. I do not judge a subwoofer in the clarity of the music, heard in the full 'clear' natural range I can hear. As mentioned above, the IMO to get a HT | OMEGA sound that really matters to you and do not use any sound MOBO.

Still, I'm all going to be using GPU DVI, RCA audio output plate 8, a speaker system surround sound audio and a $ 350 gaming monitor (unfortunately they have been more than full HD resolution and I to have to pull the vine) to play movies and music. That's why we do not care about HDMI in the first place. I guess you can always connect a TV to a computer via DVI out on the GPU (although I am using the PG high-definition graphics on my processor). For audio I have other outlets.

This discussion of the MOBO sound is irrelevant to HDMI from P8Z68 DELUXE ASUS lacks HDMI output, and is completely dependent on the GPU HDMI standards and sound capabilities.

First, be completely clear the only sound output is coming from the HDMI input when using HDMI, meaning is not leaving any output MOBO others. The only exemption I have seen is a pieced together HDMI nVidia hacked to use sound from another source output.