Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011

AsRock 990fx Fatal1ty Edition or Sabertooth 990FX

I have my Phenom II 1090T and I'm not sure which one to get .Saber-toothed or 990fx AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Edition.

Both have promising features. Although I'm actually only aware of the reputation of ASUS and the help or input would be immense $ 220 is pretty much my spending cap for a MOBO or would be looking at the formula V.
Old 07-10-2011

Re: AsRock 990fx Fatal1ty Edition or Sabertooth 990FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
I have my Phenom II 1090T and I'm not sure which one to get .Saber-toothed or 990fx AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Edition.

Both have promising features. Although I'm actually only aware of the reputation of ASUS and the help or input would be immense $ 220 is pretty much my spending cap for a MOBO or would be looking at the formula V.
I'll stick with saber teeth. Just because I do not know too much about ASRock, I hear they make good boards, but other than word of mouth I'm not really very knowledgeable about them. ASUS makes good boards, Gigabyte does too. In calculation, the saber tooth is theoretical that one of the toughest motherboards that I have heard, I'm ordering one extremely soon.

The focus of V in terms of performance is excellent, but from what I've read people have said that it is fragile and breaks easily and I have heard many horror stories about people getting broken.

But I'm sure any advice is great, as I said ASRock is probably great advice I am not very familiar with the company and their advice, but I'd say go with the one you like, the truth . For me it was between the teeth of saber and V focus and I chose the saber tooth, because the difference of $ 50 does not seem worth it, well, like I said all the stories about the CrossV still fragile.
Old 07-10-2011

ASUS is actually the parent company of AsRock, so we're all in the family that way. Nevertheless the saber tooth has a service contract to 5 years compared with 2 years of Fatal1ty. There is also a difference of $ 20.20 in price.

The Fatal1ty design features a 12 +2 phase power, more cooling heatpipe NB-PWM, dual Gigabit Ethernet Teaming capacity, X-Fast Mouse / keyboard port .

Please do not misunderstand me - the saber tooth is a very solid and capable of a 990FX board. I felt I made a decision and not before time and wanted to shed some extra light. Color scheme, the placement of the groove and other "seemingly" small differences are always taken into consideration as well.
Old 07-10-2011

It is unfortunate that no debug led the saber tooth. Furthermore, it has a CMOS clear change in the panel I / O, so that one of the AsRock. Capacitors are very beautiful on the AsRock well.
Old 07-10-2011

I do not touch the ASUS ROG card except the series, your support is what I acquire sick and there are always troubles with cheaper boards. I had numerous Asus boards and most had the same troubles with the BIOS and other annoying issues.

AsRock 990FX I have not tried but his new series are in fact good quality, stable and without major problems. Even if there is any problem then is the support that the fixation with the speed and when to wait half a year ASUS to update it.
Old 07-10-2011

Debugging is a nice feature that slows the process of starting / restarting considerably; some people are turned off by that. I've been in the car AsRock for a while now, changed when DFI goes 5 year warranty is good

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , , ,