Thread: Random freezing with i7 930, ASUS P6X58D Premium

Random freezing with i7 930, ASUS P6X58D Premium

I bought the parts for a new computer and had the guys from NCIX put it all together for me. The system has only ever had troubles was started for the first time. The trouble is that the computer arbitrarily freezes .Even while I'm browsing freezes or idling in the BIOS. The freeze occurs flanked by 1 min to 7 days of IT management. That makes things very difficult to solve.

• ASUS P6X58D Premium
    • Intel Core i7 930
    • 40GB OCZ VERTEX2
    • Corsair HX1000W Power Supply
    • 2X NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 SLI

Re: Random freezing with i7 930, ASUS P6X58D Premium

Well with the installation, you should be able to run around the car in the BIOS and have no problems whatsoever. What power are you running all this on? It is a decent power hungry so if your power supply is not up to snuff may be the trouble.

As for your trouble, I've never heard of a PC to freeze in the BIOS .you definitely should not do that.

Second, I'd go back to basics and Clear CMOS with a good cleaning in the background. Move the CMOS jumper in the clear position and pull the CMOS battery. Let stand for at least an hour.

After replacing the battery and restore the CMOS jumper to the run position, immediate start in the BIOS. Go to the settings in the BIOS called something like "load optimal defaults" and apply.

Leave everything else that has to do with the hardware automatically (except boot order / boot configuration, if necessary change those). See how he is after that.

Crying need more VTT. Completely fill all the DIMM slots; it is rarely acceptable in the tension of the actions. You were on the right track with the initial increase, so you've noticed the longer stability. As a precautionary measure that would increase to 1.275V-1.2875V (A bit of stability testing is necessary: IBT, the first 95, or similar) You must ensure that the temperatures under load control, about 80C - maximum of 85 degrees for a synthetic stability program (this can be difficult if you are using the stock cooler). This increase is all that is necessary for the stability you seek.

Make sure they are on the list of supported providers. Did you set the RAM speed, timing and voltage manually? Chances are necessary.

I think in a cooler and stock CPU speeds of values should not be a trouble. My RAM (see sig) sets QPI / DRAM 1.35V at a speed of action. Of course, I have an x poisonous, but tension increased 10% in some not so important, will bring temperatures too.

I'm just saying there is no room to move up tensions. I would not go beyond 1.3 for the stable only in actions, but I'm at 4.2GHz with 1.35Vcore, 1.35 QPI / DRAM, and my temperatures with and without load, has risen more than 2-3C action. So it's a meaningless comparison, but possibly useful.

Also, the power dissipation (at a certain temperature measure) is roughly proportional to voltage squared. So with a small increase in voltage results in increased energy even lower. Is directly proportional to frequency, however, and that's what we really already

When I saved settings, the computer wouldn't restart. Black screen. I turned the power supply off and then back on, and then the computer booted again. I am testing these new-fangled settings now. They seem to be working alright for at the present The CPU temperature is at in attendance immediately below 40C. Spec/CPU-Z however is now reporting my RAM as "11-9-9-24". I'm guessing this is bad since my RAM is theoretical to be 9-9-9-20.

Make sure everything is compatible: that is, the CPU is compatible with your motherboard / BIOS and the RAM is on the compatibility list for your motherboard too. In P6X58D Premium, the first 4 times 9-9-9-20 RAM should be in order. on the other hand, the XMP have to be set to automatically.

Try running with a video card and one monitor. I just realized that you said you still get a sound when it freezes. It was also mentioned that freezes in the BIOS, which is virtually impossible and setting values. So, it sounds like a trouble by means of your monitor cable / GPU / video.

Well now I am staying with changed settings in BIOS DRAM and is working well. However, I had to run for up to five days without any problems so I will take some time to fix the trouble.

However, executing actions / default BIOS settings with a monitor (or even without monitor) freezes the results every few minutes. Not troubles with video cards like the repair guys have tried more than a few dissimilar cards.

I'm thinking now that it is likely that this configuration mobo / ram must set the correct voltage and time in the BIOS to work. Having things in the car just does not work. This happened when I used a Rampage III plate too . on the road. But they gave me this advice thinking it was a motherboard problem, and now I have to stay with her.