Thread: Need suggestion to use ABIT NF7-S with Barton-M 2600+

Need suggestion to use ABIT NF7-S with Barton-M 2600+

I require second desktop and have set abit nfs-7 for use. I have Barton M 2600+ and SI-97. I wish to make use of it. I have following question

1. What RAM would you recommend?
    2. BIOS modified what do you recommend?

I know it's been a while since OC'ing mobile Bartons was a day, nevertheless I'm convinced there are still a number of people here who can help me

Re: Need suggestion to use ABIT NF7-S with Barton-M 2600+

I would say that, except on the shelves of "Rat Pack," Users, that 99% of the best 'clock' ram has not been available in more than 3 years for the boards as the NF7-S. So the safe working of the idea as the Internet can be a good idea for a starting point.

I loved the construction of the Abit NF7-S, which he build for his family friends and deep fried to a couple of overclocking and annoying experiments with them.

You be supposed to come into view more like Mushkin BH-5 or Corsair. I have single that still runs with two sticks of enormously infrequent Mushkin BH-5

The 2X256mb was the fastest; nevertheless they were replaced with 2x512MB which slowed things.2x256 pragmatic not further. Samsung TCCD memory is large, which replaced the BH-5.That would be your most excellent gamble. I sold my previous year T. Find that guy.

No one is capable to suggest a specific RAM, I'm opening to wonder: What's the most horrible that can happen. Could the RAM that is not possible to acquire good CPU speed? Are not the actions of that time G. Skill good sufficient?

And has been running Prime95 constant for one hour with the subsequent values:
    • Vcore: 1.9V (HW monitor shows 1.84V)
    • VDIMM: 2.9V
    • CPU: 13x200MHz (2600 MHz)
    • RAM: 2.5-3-3-5

Temps are fine (43 C idle, 49C load). Still I have a query, though: At this point, I have two memory cards running in slots 1 and 2 (single channel mode).

I'll effort to acquire dual channel mode of work. He had to 12.5x200MHz down clock (2500MHz), as temperatures were over 50 C. at the present at 1.8V Vcore so things are running cooler. Aspires to live in an attic room if you wish for to OC your system and I always make use of my chips in AC5 / heatsinks.

However, I found another trouble (worse): I cannot install Windows 7! It seems that the installation cannot notice my SATA disk ". No drives were establish" Any ideas? I really do not want to go back to XP. I'm using these modified BIOS.

Check out my SIG and even after hours of game playing the temperature is about 45 and constant. I have had this capability over the CPU OC 2.8 GHz, FSB, nevertheless it must be quite low, so the option to balance things with these settings.

Indeed, the way you worked around any topic as SATA is the use of separate SATA card, which is also faster than the support of the board. Turns out I have four more of them new in the box if you are interested. I was going to sell on eBay.

Memory whatever you decide to acquire just make convinced it has a lifetime guarantee, that method if something comes straightforward swap over. I have information with Kingston and OCZ, together large companies, even though the NF7-S v2 seems to similar to most excellent OCZ platinum.

No, I have not tested Windows 7 on the machine since there is no driver support for it. I will be building a modern machine of all new when I'm ready for Windows 7 .although I have read some people with Vista and 7.

Failure to install the drivers when prompted by pressing F6 to install your operating system does not support SATA.No SATA drivers are updated for the controls; he forgot whether he was in the Abit site or the site of SiS.

One thing concerning the card I'm using is SATA which has hold up for Vista, so you should be high-quality for Win7 so. I was having many troubles with
    my SATA high clock speeds; my investigate showed that it is a common problem with this board, and that the majority of the kids that the OC NF7-S to a extremely high make utilize of IDE drives to avoid this.

At the same time as and only came to see if there is still a market for the Abit NF7-S V2 with a Barton 2500, 2x256 Mushkin Level II Enhanced systems, the 9700 pro video card. envisage my revelation that this post is the third from the top!

I just built my new system and people will back this one (which I gave them back in 05, if you see my posts boring 2005). I had a lot of fun with this system and only gave it to my parents as I needed a new computer and wanted bigger, better, faster .

If you used this board / bios in the recent past, he would do his best to help. Unfortunately, I have not played it in over 6 years and do not remember all the details on the board.

Use the Win7 to update or you have to use SATA drivers for XP or Vista. It is very difficult to install because the drivers were not written for the SATA chipset. I had to install Vista and update from there to run the attack. Oh by the way 7-3-3-2.5 as fast as the RAM works on that platform. Other configurations may work but will be slower because the needs of the cycles of time to read through the data.

I have to speak I am very dissatisfied by the performance of the CPU. Not even permit me to watch videos on Game Spot for the reason that it merely cannot handle the amount of code that is used in Flash websites like these.