Thread: Corsair CM3X8GSDKIT1066 unable to work in Lenovo ThinkPad W500

Corsair CM3X8GSDKIT1066 unable to work in Lenovo ThinkPad W500

Ordered this from Newegg and not work on my ThinkPad W500. BIOS beep me (I will attempt once more this afternoon and then the number of short / long beeps) and no one mixture that includes the new memory workings extremely well.

He tried three others and T500s W500s at our office and that is the same behavior there. Armed with Corsair to support their "Compatibility guaranteed" and "Kit SODIMM Memory 8GB guaranteed to work in all current DDR3 notebook," said here. Already requested an RMA, but I'm not convinced that the memory itself is bad .W500 is not in the configuration.

Re: Corsair CM3X8GSDKIT1066 unable to work in Lenovo ThinkPad W500

The POST code is 1-3-3-1, which is, according to Google:28 automatically 1-3-3-1 DRAM size.For s guidance in this case. No adjustments related to the memory of the BIOS that I can adjust to not allow a complete diagnostic test at startup.

Also, check with a colleague who was using another brand of memory in its successful W500. Same disclaimer as distant as I can tell.

CPU-Z Report
    • CPU-Z version 1.58
    • + Core Stepping E0
    • Technology 45 nm
    • Core Speed 2524.7 MHz
    • Multiplier x FSB 9.5 x 265.8 MHz
    • Package (platform ID) Socket P (478) (0x7)
    • CPUID 6.7.A
    • Extended CPUID 6.17

• RAS# Precharge (tRP) 7
    • Hardware monitor ACPI
    • Temperature 0 59°C (138°F) [0xCFA] (THM0)
    • Cycle Time (tRAS) 20
    • MCHBAR I/O Base address 0x0FED10000
    • MCHBAR I/O Size 4096

Please remove all memory of installing and removing the battery and turn the NB and the sound should or flashing. Then unplug the power cord adapter A / C and install only one of our modules and plug it in and turn it on and see if it is left in the BIOS setup and default load configuration. If so, repeat the steps to the next module and test again with memtest. If both pass both modules installed and perceive if it is left in the BIOS setup and default load configuration.

No fortune - I only obtain POST code 1-3-3-1 without the possibility of entering the BIOS.

Have you tried what it suggests about removing the battery and turn the system out of memory? in addition to you can count the amount of memory IC on each side of the module?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    Have you tried what it suggests about removing the battery and turn the system out of memory? in addition to you can count the amount of memory IC on each side of the module?
    Yes, my response was specifically in response to instructions, following the letter. All you get is the POST code 1-3-3-1 - that is, without any memory in the system and also with one or jointly of the Corsair modules in place. No troubles with moreover or together of the unique modules.

I'll verify on the number of included circuits and post an update later.

How many memory IC's in our unit was what I was doing should not be 16 a total of 8 on each side? And they have to do with the NB manufacturer to see if a BIOS update?

I have tried the other modules in three W500s and T500 (see my first post) in the same direction. I cannot go to Newegg's memory at this point because I spent 30 days of switching window, unless someone from Corsair is willing to contact them on my behalf with the recommendation to return the memory because of the inconsistency.

Is there any particular reason Corsair cannot meet the guarantee of compatibility here? I'm not trying to be difficult here, but this seems to be a common problem with the new ThinkPads and I suppose that Corsair would like to find some solution to the issue based on the number of reports I see in Amazon, Newegg and similar sites.

I have already submitted an RMA request on the off chance that both modules are bad, but I'm not holding much hope there. If that fails, then I will need the assistance of Corsair in developing a statement Newegg.

I've been building about our company to meet other people with knowledge in memory upgrades (at present in the consistency and T5x0 W5x0 ThinkPads).

Interestingly, people who have tested the Corsair modules, the whole world with 16-chip modules have had the same problems I'm having, but the modules of 8 chips work perfectly (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9).

Does this make sense? If so, is it potential to exchange modules 16 tokens for the 8-chip?

I sent the RMA request a couple of days and I'm still waiting. We tried the steps of restarting a number of other ThinkPads and they all do the POST code 1-3-3-1. No troubles by means of the modules of 4 GB of two brand.

The administrator verdict is that the Corsair inside 16-chip modules do not work on these systems, in spite of the stipulation. A few people who ended up with eight chip modules have no trouble. From Corsair has not any of these systems listed in the configuration tool, I thought it would be a high-quality opportunity to address the matter once and for all since this complexity has been reported regularly. I’ll wait to hear back on the RMA and observe how it goes.