Thread: Getting BSOD with anything more than 2GB -Asus A8n-SLI Premium with 4GB RAM

Getting BSOD with anything more than 2GB -Asus A8n-SLI Premium with 4GB RAM

I have been running successfully on this PC with 2 GB (2 x 1 GB Corsair Select Value VS1GB400C3, DDR-400, PC-3200, CL3, DIMM) for 2 years. I am demanding to advance the memory of this system to have 3GB or 4GB of perfect.

I managed to find another set of identical memory i now - another 2GB (2x1GB Corsair Select Value VS1GB400C3, DDR-400).Once installed, the system displays only the recognition of 3GB of memory. The system gives BSOD 2 or 3 mistakes a day. I've also tried running with one additional pole (a total of 3 GB) - and have try the two new-fangled clubs and still acquire BSOD errors.any suggestions on how I can resolve my trouble?

Re: Getting BSOD with anything more than 2GB -Asus A8n-SLI Premium with 4GB RAM

Assuming you are running a 32 bit Windows operating system, the computer will only see 3GB of memory is normal. Windows XP 32-bit editions (and I assume that all other 32-bit versions), only recognize up to 3.2GB of system memory by default.

As for the BSOD'ing could be due to an incompatibility of new and old sticks of memory. even though they are the identical number of them may still be mismatched, for the reason that memory is not consistent Select Value as RAM chips use the sticks, the old system could be RAM IC (integrated circuit) A manufacturer and the new-fangled set could be the manufacturer C. Let’s just articulate that for a instant that the two chip manufacturers have some sort of compatibility matter, if that's the case, could put in plain words their troubles.

Have you tried running with a stick of the new and the old one to see what it does? I would suggest you try that, just make sure you do not forget that the club is established however.

Oh, I just thought of something else, that the memory slots do you have in RAM? If you put an old stick in slot 1 of another must be old stick in slot 3 and the new must be in slots 2 and 4. This would allow both teams to run in dual channel mode and could solve their problems of others as well. I recommend you try that first and see if it helps.

I'm not an expert on memory, but I'm treading carefully to match exactly if necessary, the memory I have the intention to buy the two sticks .Installed are two sticks of Corsair CMX1024-3200PT.Additional information on each club is as follows (xms3200v3.1 - 0510010-0)

Can I buy any CMX1024-3200PT sticks without any trouble, or I have to agree with the information? We have built this machine for almost 5 years so finding exact sticks can be difficult, would be a safer bet to buy four new clubs ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jozefa View Post
    I'm not an expert on memory, but I'm treading carefully to match exactly if necessary, the memory I have the intention to buy the two sticks .Installed are two sticks of Corsair CMX1024-3200PT.Additional information on each club is as follows (xms3200v3.1 - 0510010-0)

Can I buy any CMX1024-3200PT sticks without any trouble, or I have to agree with the information? We have built this machine for almost 5 years so finding exact sticks can be difficult, would be a safer bet to buy four new clubs ads?
    It would have to match exactly with all that info just to support to get the same IC, and yet the compatibility is not guaranteed. It is best to replace it with a 4 GB kit that meets your needs.

So I can mix and match all the cards 4x 1 GB memory I have. While there are only 2 GB installed, my system works. But as soon as I can install 3GB or 4GB I start getting BSOD.

Mix and match tells me the memory cards are compatible (is this correct?) that can run an old stick with a new stick in the grooves in parallel and have no troubles.Does this mean I am having problems setting? I'm not sure what to do next?

Try one stick in each slot to see if it's a bad stick.

I've run memtest86 + against both sets (with two sticks in slots 1 and 4, not just a stick) and do not show any errors.

what you're saying I should put a stick in the memory slot 1 and run memtest86 +, and then put it in slot 2 and run the test, then it in slot 3 and 4, and to this for all 4 sticks?

Differs from the test as I did before? I wondered if maybe the slots 2 and 4 are difficult - maybe a problem with the slot.

Well, that sounds like 1 and 4 is good (although that's a rare combo to test two sticks), so I would try one stick in slot 2 and then slot 3. Yes, it sounds like an issue slot (although it could be a problem of CPU).

Apologetic, that was a typo. I have had the 2 GB of memory installed in slots 1 and 3 (not 4). These are the two slots that I used to check the two pairs of memory.

How would I narrow down if it is a slot error or a CPU error? I did replace my CPU at the same time as the memory (although I installed the memory first and did see BSOD error before i had installed the CPU).

As for the slot error, test one stick in two, and then 4. CPU - CPU swap. If it is a slot error, yes, replace the motherboard.