Thread: Getting BSOD with Corsair TW3X4G1600C9D

Getting BSOD with Corsair TW3X4G1600C9D

My system is a new version [to play], which built on holidays and has worked very well until the last two or three months when I'm doing at random, but consistent BSOD.

I have updated all drivers could think of, etc., and finally ran memtest for 6 hours today [after previously run twice with a pass and no more than four hours] and spent time with 13 million errors !

Obviously, I am very discouraged by my new system BSOD'ing all the time and feel a bit lost. Before requesting a replacement I am posting here in case there are any possible help he could give.

Re: Getting BSOD with Corsair TW3X4G1600C9D

Do you have the most recent BIOS and reset bios to defaults following installing new ram? Also test one stick at a instance after BIOS reset. Could be a straightforward trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post
    Do you have the most recent BIOS and reset bios to defaults following installing new ram? Also test one stick at a instance after BIOS reset. Could be a straightforward trouble.
    I will visit the ASUS website and see if I can do [but im pretty sure they do]. How to reset the BIOS settings exactly? When I built the system you just installed the RAM and everything worked fine, so I had assumed for months that all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by Czeslaw View Post
    I will visit the ASUS website and see if I can do [but im pretty sure they do]. How to reset the BIOS settings exactly? When I built the system you just installed the RAM and everything worked fine, so I had assumed for months that all was well.
    The "Clear CMOS" (BIOS) procedure would reset the BIOS values, just as I believe to do a BIOS upgrade. Clearing the BIOS usually involves turning the PC completely, including disconnecting the power supply, and moving a jumper on the motherboard for a few seconds, and then moves backward. Clearly any unpleasant and set your BIOS to factory defaults.

If this does not work, I suppose you've connected / Replugged / reposition the DIMMs and are safe? Just asking because if the BSOD was actually not related to memory, and began to fiddle with the DIMMs may not reseat properly.

That the system was build at Christmas, and has worked incredibly well until June / July when the BSOD in progress.

I spent today to ensure that the RAM is properly seated and running Memtest again: he could not with both together and individually. The BSOD also feel they are getting worse and I now have to post this on my old PC.

I updated the BIOS from ASUS website. It was recommended to get RAMGUY to observe if I could help and I would be content for him to do so. I just desire this issue fixed.

I downloaded the latest version and put it on my USB, reboot your computer and boot from USB. From there, run Memtest and discover millions of mistake in both suits.

The memory configurations when I go into BIOS are all in [AUTO] for what her mother whatever the decision.

I had run the Driver Verifier and that was an accident, but I cannot read minidump files so I’m not sure of the offending driver.

TT memtest to resolve the trouble, no matter which "Windows" re: BSODs and drivers will be worthless - the PC is useless with much memory error (I imagine that your data is at risk and - I hope have backups). Have you cleared CMOS / BIOS as I suggested? What are your power supply voltages?

Quote Originally Posted by Olenka View Post
    TT memtest to resolve the trouble, no matter which "Windows" re: BSODs and drivers will be worthless - the PC is useless with much memory error (I imagine that your data is at risk and - I hope have backups). Have you cleared CMOS / BIOS as I suggested? What are your power supply voltages?
    And I feel like I've mentioned before, you have to disable the Legacy USB and download the ISO image and burn it to CD. Some MB ASUS false report errors when this option is selected and that also appears on the FAQ page memtest.

This process is explained in manual of the MB. If you do not have to hand it to be loaded from the ASUS site.

USB legacy support is under the "Advanced" menu in the BIOS and is under the USB tab settings in the advanced menu. Voltages are display in the Monitor Hardware tab in the "power" in the BIOS menu manual.

I also burned a disc Memtest and am at present conducting tests, the results of which I will post tomorrow.

Things seem strange now. When you reset the BIOS I have a strange "CPU fan error 'I remember the first time I built the PC even though the fan is on.

Also, the CPU does not even start this time with two sticks of RAM instead [I checked again to ensure they are seated] and the RAM plate light error was always ahead. I took a stick and started all that [the error light blinked a little, then was] so I'm conducting a test in which they stick their way and so far no errors

I changed the value of DRAM 1.650V in the BIOS. I cannot help but feel skeptical that the BSOD stop but hoping for instant messaging. I will inform you and let you know if they stop.

Oh, I also ran memtest on both sticks individually and together from the CD and has been increasingly adopted with 0 errors.