Thread: Phenom II X4 940 processor working slowly

Phenom II X4 940 processor working slowly

Hey guys, I have been having problems with my PC, as in games I feel like my processor is being too sluggish. Don’t know exactly what could be the problem but really it is working too slow however.

Any idea what could be the problem, or simply any suggestion for resolving the issue would be surely appreciated.

Re: Phenom II X4 940 processor working slowly

This is quite wired I would say because I haven’t heard about the thing that the processor runs slowly. There are too many thing that won’t give you their best performance such as RAM hard drive and other hardware’s but there isn’t anything that made Processor run slow actually. And far as speed is the issue with the machine then I would say there could be some other reason that can cause this kind of problems with the machine.

Rather than searching for the processor Speed you should try to make search for and threat in your machine that is causing this speeding issue with the processor. And for that you can have option to test all the hardware you have installed in the machine.

I am agree with the above user, but still I don’t think there could be some problem with the processor, but I think there is some another problem.

Can you please tell us the whole specification of your machine?

I think you should try to make sure whether there isn’t any such virus in your machine, because see as the above user mentioned there could be several issues concerning the speeding issue, but the thing is like hardware never ever cause any speeding problem rather the software or the application that we used to install in the machine causes the hardware to run slow.

Thus first of all ensure that you don’t have any such virus in your machine and for that you can have option to install the antivirus software in your machine and scan the whole hard drive.

If there could be any virus presented in your system it would be wiped out for sure, and after that you can simply check the performance again.

I would rather suggest you to reinstall the game that you are plating because that’s the only causes that I can see in your machine, because never heard about the slower performance through any such hardware directly.

Try to change some of the setting in the game that you are running such as setting up FPS can resolve too many issues.

As you have mentioned that the games won’t run perfectly so I would say there could be some problem with the game as well.

Are having speeding issue with each and every game? Because see if it is with only particular game then it could be some problem with that particular game and though you are having problem with all the game then also you should look for another hardware such as graphic card in your machine, because that’s the only hardware associated with the game and graphic concerns.

Along with the hardware when it comes to their particular driver you should also make sure whether the driver that you are using for that particular hardware is also working good, or else that could also cause such a problem.

are using an older machine? Because see though you have mentioned good processor but still see if you don’t have other hardware to be compatible with this one then you’ll not get the expected performance from any hardware.

Thus make sure they all are suitable with each other.

as the extent to I know I am using very good hardware rather they are compatible with each other, but still you can see as I have mentioned below.

Processor ; Phenom II X4 940 OCed 3.4GHZ

Ram: 4GB 800MHZ

GFX: GTX 460 1GB

Motherboard: MA770-UD3

Operating system : windows 7 64 bit

have you ever tried to overclock your CPU ever? Because sometimes it happens as though we have good enough CPU install in the machine but because of some other hardware one won’t work perfectly.

Thus if you have any such changes in its functionality I would like to suggest you that you should try to disable all the overclocking setting from the machine and then see what happens, and I am sure the machine will run perfectly for sure.

I think you should try to reinstall the operating system in your PC and then see, are you getting any difference or not, because it seems that your OS is corrupted.

But still according to me if you still have any doubts regarding the same then I would say you should try visit the service center of your respective hardware manufacturer, because they are the only one who will tell you about the exact threat with the model you have, is there is any.

And if they found any hitch with that so that’s your luck and you may get replacement for the same. But for that let me tell you as they have their own terms and condition on which they provides such a benefits to their users.