Thread: Computer freezes with corsair CMD8GX3M4A1600C8

Computer freezes with corsair CMD8GX3M4A1600C8

I have been having troubles with my PC for a while with Windows 7 freeze 5 minutes - 1 hour after lighting randomly. After the first frost, I had to do a hard reset and usually work well if the team stays on. After looking at several threads and countless hours of troubleshooting, I've tapering it down to great to do with my RAM. But I'm not convinced.

I buy a package of four CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 RAM chips and looking to the freezing complexity, I discovered my motherboard has 6 RAM slots, although be able to only support three-sided chips RAM memory at once. So I ended up removing one and only 3 installed. Freezing troubles go away for a short time previous to returning again after a week or two.

I wonder if it's the times we are wrong, or is this particular RAM chip for my motherboard inappropriate or I have bad RAM?

Re: Computer freezes with corsair CMD8GX3M4A1600C8

This RAM is not listed as compatible with the motherboard.

The only cause I do not observe it for the reason that it is listed as a dual channel kit, and you have a triple-channel MB. So only three of the sticks. Adding the fourth just mucks things. Although memory itself should be fine for your card, as long as you stick to the posts.

If you suspect a bad stick somewhere, load the default settings, enable XMP, and STICK INDIVIDUALS test in the first position with memtest (link is on the left sidebar). Let it run for 4 or until the error happens. If all pass, then it is another matter. If all fail, then there is the memory either. It would be a MB, CPU, or the wrong time and issue tensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan View Post
    The only cause I do not observe it for the reason that it is listed as a dual channel kit, and you have a triple-channel MB. So only three of the sticks. Adding the fourth just mucks things. Although memory itself should be fine for your card, as long as you stick to the posts.
    Where I can find that? Are they not in CPU-Z?

If you suspect a bad stick somewhere, load the default settings, enable XMP, and STICK INDIVIDUALS test in the first position with memtest (link is on the left sidebar). Let it run for 4 or until the error happens. If all pass, then it is another matter. If all fail, then there is the memory either. It would be a MB, CPU, or the wrong time and issue tensions.
    Would not it be easier to try out the three sticks of RAM at a time and if it fails, go over the tests one by one?

Quote Originally Posted by Battista View Post
    Where I can find that? Are they not in CPU-Z?
    To some extent, but not a list of your tensions. Memory and memory controller. These will be in the BIOS.

Would not it be easier to try out the three sticks of RAM at a time and if it fails, go over the tests one by one?
    You can do that. Doing so has individual slots MB out of the equation is all.

Not sure if the RAM is not the culprit as ever, because people who have experienced the same kind of frost in Windows 7 64 bit corsair ram also have. Some of them near

As I mentioned before, I have been the solution of the problem in the past two years and reduced to the RAM after people have been reporting similar problems.

I have visited many places and seen similar responses without solutions. Memtest pass through. However, even with frost still enable or disable XMP.

More likely your CPU just will not run over DDR1600 clock speed nevertheless it sure can attempt to replace the modules.

However, I tried to switch to XMP with the BIOS some time ago. It worked fine for one or two weeks before the frost returned as every other day.

But the same is happening since he had been in and out of XMP BIOS performing again when the memtest. I have not had a freeze since I did the test. But I suspect that in a week or two frosts recur every two days (sometimes every day when power for the first time in my PC).

He tried to ask my motherboard manufacturer if any knew what was causing the problem. Not seem to know much and just told me to update my BIOS. subsequent freeze happens, I'll update my BIOS. If freezing occurs after that, I will demand an RMA for the modules.

• 1.65v voltage should DRAMMEN
    • QPI 1.35vy must be in their times
    • 8-8-8-24not 8-8-8-20

Now, when you key in the voltage in your BIOS will be displayed in red letters. Do not panic. Here is where it should be for these modules and shows only that way because it is a setting outside the setting of values for Intel in 1333. No setting of 1600 MHz.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    • 1.65v voltage should DRAMMEN
    • QPI 1.35vy must be in their times
    • 8-8-8-24not 8-8-8-20
    That's the XMP settings and tested for a while. Well, in my previous post you know the come. Enabled XMP 8-8-8-24 set times and adjust accordingly tensions as published.

Quote Originally Posted by raghini View Post
    That's the XMP settings and tested for a while. Well, in my previous post you know the come. Enabled XMP 8-8-8-24 set times and adjust accordingly tensions as published.
    I agree, go to BIOS setup and load default settings and then enable and set the CPU XMP / QPI to 1.35 volts and perceive if it is more constant.