Thread: Gigabyte H55M UD2H low rpm vs. sys fan

Gigabyte H55M UD2H low rpm vs. sys fan

Just a quick question about my new construction around the UD2H H55M (bios f10).Basically, the system fan connector 4-pin fan does not rotate enough. Is maintained at 500 rpm approx. I have connected to the CPU fan and yet accelerated to high speed regular.

I'm using a Corsair H50 refrigerator, and when the pump is connected to the system fan connector instead of the CPU fan connector, the CPU reaches 80 C in less than half a minute, as the pump (which is supposed to work around 1400 rpm) is clearly receiving a third of what you need. I guess this is a fairly common issue with Gigabyte board’s judge by Google searches, but I cannot find out a clear clarification.

I connected the fan to a chassis fan connector Asus to review and there was no problem. Gigabyte's BIOS offers no choice in relation to the fan speed control system. With only two fan headers on the motherboard and also all backed by Corsair H50 I have not many choices, and I am not best pleased to be honored! Any help here would be much appreciated, is the only thing to stop screwing the side panels back on my new construction for good.

Re: Gigabyte H55M UD2H low rpm vs. sys fan

But as far as I'm aware of that was due to BIOS a trouble. Depending on the draw current can always use a splitter to provide you more options as a fan or fans with the major use today takeoff Molex connection. If there is everything I would have predictable the Gigabyte boards to be enhanced capable to give the current essential due to the thick layer of copper doubled.

Have you made adjustments in the BIOS settings regarding the management of fan? Or better yet, have you tried loading the software from GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy saving energy that comes with the motherboard that allows you to control fan speed of the operating system?

Wow, thanks for the quick responses guys. I will install this program dynamic energy saving and in contact with you. I was thinking of just using a different cable - it may be possible to the accurate address, give pleasure to? This is a 4-pin fan, so I'm not having much luck discovering fan 4 pin Molex connector system.

I think that some time ago someone was looking for the same thing and if I keep in mind properly there are several different types of Amazon. I suggest a search there.

As for the DES, it just installed and get a message "error starting smart fan. I have no idea what the deal (which may be due control of the CPU Smart Fan is disabled in the BIOS) but I'm looking for a way to change the fan speed of the system CPU.

The program looks good, but nothing is really clicking (for example, vga, photos, etc. in a state hdd saving energy). I spend too much time on this team today to worry about trying to figure this out - no tips when a mouse.

I'm astonished that Gigabyte has not solved this trouble quite simply, Asus does not have this trouble, but I think I'll go with the splitter and save the annoyance.

Yes, I am not a great lover of these free programs that all parent companies to include in their directories. Even those who do not mess up your system usually do not work very well.

Just had a quick look at Amazon for you and came up with this, although I'm sure there's more there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    Yes, I am not a great lover of these free programs that all parent companies to include in their directories. Even those who do not mess up your system usually do not work very well.

Just had a quick look at Amazon for you and came up with this, although I'm sure there's more there.
    Apologetic to listen to that - I did a rapid test this morning H55N board and make use of a three pin connector had no troubles at all. I wonder if the 4-pin connector you are using is causing this.

I can only assume that the extra pin is for the controller to adjust the fan speed. All four pin fans that I have had some form of speed control. Does the fan come with a driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    Apologetic to listen to that - I did a rapid test this morning H55N board and make use of a three pin connector had no troubles at all. I wonder if the 4-pin connector you are using is causing this.

I can only assume that the extra pin is for the controller to adjust the fan speed. All four pin fans that I have had some form of speed control. Does the fan come with a driver?
    I think you will find that the speed is controlled by the BIOS through the pin and so on.

I did a little searching and pin 4 is for the fan control bios, power supply not more. Nope, just the fan that comes with the Corsair H50, without control. Receive the divisor.

I went straight and took a 4-pin fan in the room of the store. Put it in the test and this is what I found.

It will not run at full speed in 4-pin header with directions. Causing an instruction to run the bios and the most overlooked piece of the temperature of the motherboard that is being sought after. It's a little weird, in my opinion, but there you go. I took a hair dryer and heated to the south bridge and rushed up after a few minutes of treatment. He took the heat source and restarted, turned and stopped.

However, it will run at 100% if put in this setting at the head of three-pin fan.