Thread: After flashing, Gigabyte m720 –us3 reboots/freezes

After flashing, Gigabyte m720 –us3 reboots/freezes

I remembered the BIOS on my board, a ga-M720-US3 (with the wrong picture, I think) through the Windows utility, and when I rebooted the thing in two biographies, said the restoration is. Now just restart 3 times, freezing in the third. The version of the BIOS says it is the older version, too.

I managed to enter the BIOS only once, and reset the defaults and everything looked well. Now I cannot enter BIOS (DEL), or to reach the fast flash (END), or restoring the BIOS (F9 [?]) - Restarts and freezes only the third time.I have a AMD Phenom processor 2 X6, and I think this is the problem - when the job hangs, it is a "AMD - Processor unknown", where information processor should be.

Anyone know how I can flash back to the way it was (I have the correct BIOS on a USB stick)?

Re: After flashing, Gigabyte m720 –us3 reboots/freezes

The good news, the mother is probably OK and you have not fried!

The bad news. With the BIOS back to the version of backup you have lost the support for the processor X6 F7N need the latest version to work properly. (Assuming that your processor is one of the 95 watt versions). As the CPU is not being recognized the need for a CPU that is supported by the BIOS, which is working to update the BIOS again before your current CPU will work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhibhava View Post
    The good news, the mother is probably OK and you have not fried!

The bad news. With the BIOS back to the version of backup you have lost the support for the processor X6 F7N need the latest version to work properly. (Assuming that your processor is one of the 95 watt versions). As the CPU is not being recognized the need for a CPU that is supported by the BIOS, which is working to update the BIOS again before your current CPU will work again.
    Would you believe I gave away an AMD dual core CPU that fits my advice? I will try to recover and keep our fingers crossed that you can (successfully) the flash thing again to get my work chip.

Once you have updated the main BIOS and make things up and running again you can flash the chip back up the BIOS to match the main BIOS in case you encounter some other problem.

To this end, the normally press DEL to enter the BIOS, instead of pressing "Alt + F12" together; this will update the BIOS back to the main contents of the BIOS. Do not be anxious when you observe a comment of recovery, which is standard and means that you update your backup BIOS. Just go behind the instructions ° eon screen and remember not to turn off the camera until the flashing process is complete.

I think it's better if you can use a PS / 2 keyboards to do this and may take several tries before it works. It also works better if you can do from a cold boot (PC completely off) instead of trying to do a reboot.

To verify that the two chips have the same BIOS version, press the F9 key when in the BIOS boot screen. This will open another window to this information.

i also faced the same kind of problem on my system. after flashing this motherboard, when i try to start this motherboard then the whole system freezes, subsequently forcing me to press the restart button. I don't know why this happen but i decided to rearrange the whole setting of this motherboard. then i try this and finally i success to solve this freezes problem. i think it might be also work in your case.