Thread: Advice about updating CPU on HP Pavilion 061

Advice about updating CPU on HP Pavilion 061

I have an HP Pavilion 061 desktop pc and I used it for playing video games and surfing internet. Now problem is that I want to do upgrade task on my desktop. I do this because of the desktop pc needs some additional features which is not present on current CPU. Specification of system is as follows:
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 G.

Now I want to collect some helpful thoughts about this issue. Thanks for any help.

Re: Advice about updating CPU on HP Pavilion 061

It looks as if you have a HP AMD 939 socket motherboard. This type of motherboard contains the slot for installing the processor onto it. You need to use an way that works to establish the connection between this motherboard and the processor. This will be help to you a lot.

Other problem behind that is the technique or the process that is use for doing this installation connection. For doing this connection, you can also read the manual of the processor. I am sure that you find some way those woks to solve your problem. The manual of the motherboard has been contains the process that will be work to find and the fix this problem.

Upgrading CPU can be works if you properly insert the CPU onto this slot. Then the other problem behind that after finishing this installation process, you need to use an upgrade the BIOS version of the desktop. This is necessary and it helps to you for detecting and then avoiding the other entire problem behind this. In this process, you need to use online upgrade task for update the BIOS of the system. Updating your BIOS can cut boot times, fix compatibility issues. Hence I must say that upgrade this BIOS version onto it.

You can take other things and for doing this upgrade processor on your motherboard, check the number of pins present on this motherboard. This is necessary for the compatibility point of view.

I started adding CPU upgrade data for Soltek motherboards. In this process, I have much help of several articles. In that you can use DirectX Files for properly establish the connection between the CPU and the motherboard. The DirectX file format is an architecture- and context-free file format. These files are to be helpful to make a proper connection between this two.

This is the complicated task and you must necessary to do something onto it. Upgrade the CPU means changes it to the other CPU. Then there is also necessary to update the driver on it. You can use specific task for doing this changing CPU and then update the driver of this CPU. This helps to you a lot. Also you need to update the chipset of the motherboard. The chipset connects the microprocessor to the rest of the motherboard. This chipset will be help to run the programs in well manner. Hence it must be necessary to update the driver of this chipset for detecting the new CPU.

HP machines are too proprietary to upgrade. The official site is an compatible system hardware of the desktop pc that can be help to do this connection. Then use such article and read it for as a reference. You can also check all the other compatibility and related details on the manual of this desktop pc.

If this is the process related to the over clocking then you needs to upgrade the BIOS of the desktop system. This upgrade task helps for improving the necessary task onto it. This will be work to update the support files of these BIOS. This BIOS upgrade has to be help to add the special support file that helpful for the new processor system.

The power supply needs to be replaced with a good solid model. This change has to be necessary and the reason behind that previous PSU has not been able to make a connection with new processor. the power supply is no longer working well enough to power the graphics card. Hence I suggest to you for use an proper PSU over it.