Thread: Has anyone used closed loop watercooling on Corsair H50

Has anyone used closed loop watercooling on Corsair H50

I am willing to buy a new computer and i wanted to know that which CPU cooler should i buy for whichever CPU i will get.I have came across Antec 620 and Corsair H50 and i am finding them attractive as well but i am confused to decide one from these so i just needed a feedback from you all that which would be the best.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Has anyone used closed loop watercooling on Corsair H50

I have not yet used a water-cooler yet but i have heard that the entry-level water coolers such as the the Corsair h50 are the best air coolers and the advantage of having them is just not controlling thee temperature but also taking a small space in the case.I think that the a best air coolers is which is able to suit your needs but i will like to tell you that if you do extreme overclocks then you should probably go for some higher-end water coolers but if you just want to buy a water cooler for controlling the temperature than you should go for Corsair H50.

Yes i agree to you because i have Corsair H60 with two fans which are in a push pull configuration and till now i have really find it working quite well and i have not faced any problem as well but i will also like to share that it wont be able to compete when you compare it with a true water cooling setup but i have find it competitive enough when you compare it with high end air coolers and i have also found it wining in some areas and loosing in some as well.

I was using a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and i have switched to a H50 just now and trust me i don't think that there is any difference between the two if you compare it with the aspect of cooling and it really keeps the case clean as well but when it is about the actual cooling than it is not that good and sometimes i think that it has made the things worse for my cross-fired 6970s and now in the near future i am just willing to replace it again and get my old CoolerMaster Hyper 212 back again.

I have found that the build quality of the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ is quite bad because i have seen the fans bending even if you put a bit of pressure on them but when yo do the same with the Noctua or Thermalright they wont bend due to normal pressure as they really have a excellent build quality.You can get the H50 and the CM Hyper 212+ at a similar rate of approximately $30 and their air cooler are also not that good because of the pump speed in order to get the best performance.So think about these features as well before you get one.

I agree with you all i have got a low-end H60 for the purpose of a clean setup and it is really very decent and quiet while cooling at a moderate OC speed and it really fits the my required description.I wont say it is the best but i am personally satisfied with it.I have found that it really keeps the CPU Temp according to the Intel TCase recommendation and as per the CPU load test @ 4.2Ghz i have also find that when the clock climbs to 4.6 the CPU load temps climb to 80C. @ 4.8Ghz and it is capable of hitting 90C and can still climb after 10 minutes of Prime95 because of which i had stopped using it and have got a H100 now.

I think you all are just confusing him because some people who have read about it in some forums are saying that they have found them very awful and noisy as well and they even say that it is a waste of their money if they get a HSF and some who have actually bought it say that they are quite satisfied with it and they are just sufficient to work quite well.I think you should now go with the majority about the HSF because even i am confused now to decide which one is better.

I think that the closed loop systems perform better than the air coolers because they take less space and and you can easily see the best closed loop systems which are compared to the noctua NH-D14 on many sites and i will like to inform the one who have faced 90C with an H60 that Your unit would have been defective because i am using H50 from a long time and it has nit yet crossed 61C with a 4.7ghz overclock by now.

I am using a water cooling from a long time and i have experienced the following advantages and disadvantages:
      • Advantages:
    • Perform silently(best for gfx card)
    • The radiator can be moved
    • It is possible to have smaller case as water will take the heat out

• Disadvantages:
    • You will have to mess with tubing,liquids periodically.

Even i have been using the H50 from a long time and i have been facing the pump failure and water leak as well but i have experienced pump failure more than the water leakage and this really indicates that the build quality of H50 is not that good i am planning to switch to some other cooler soon.

I have not yet faced the leaking problem by now and i think in your problem it might be due to the tubes not routed well and there are possibilities that they might have bend near the pump and also if you do not have any clamps at the pump a slight gap can occur near the pump's nozzle and to avoid all this for my H50 i have made sure that the tubes are coming straight to the pump's nozzles and they are not bending till they reach the case's side panel.After taking care of all this i am not facing any kind of leakage problem.