Thread: P8P67 Motherboard Bios Fail

P8P67 Motherboard Bios Fail

On a working system. Bios recently updated to most recent no overclocking done at this point. 16GB patriot 1333 memory GTX550 video card.

Everything was running just fine....

Rebooted to boot from flash drive to run Clonezila. System would not boot from flash drive and kept trying to go to HDD boot.

Went into bios and tried to select flash... No luck... Tried again and moved UEFI up in the boot sequence to first option. Exit and reset...

Computer spins up drives/fans and nothing else. No display on screen and no power to USB ports including keyboard on usb port.

Tried
    Different video cards (3) in both PCI ports,
    Removing all but one stick of ram and swaping ram sticks around.
    Clear Cmos by moving jumper
    Reset BIOS - removing batter and moving jumper for CMOS
    Reseting all the power connections (Leaving the CPU power connection off causes CPU fan to run at full speed FYI)
    Disconnected everything except 1 stick of ram, video card, CPU and Case connector

No red lights indicating any failures. mem test light blinks on first boot up then remains off (no memory mem test light stays solid red)

I do not have access to a floppy drive or a PC speaker (I am in the middle of a ocean here)

Any other Ideas on how to fix this or am I just S# until i can get a replacement board?

Re: P8P67 Motherboard Bios Fail

Well, you will need to update the EFI/BIOS from 1502 to 1503 which might be the latest version and see if that correct your issues since I wouldnt bother with an RMA or contacting support until the problem occurs again, if its working fine after updating the BIOS. I have heard of bugs with the new style EFI Bios, so you need to be careful.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

How can I update the bios if I can't even get it to post?

I think that the board that you have has a jumper to clear the RAM. So you may need to power off, pull the cord, etc and then flip the jumper over to the other 2 pins for a few seconds, and back and then try rebooting and then downloading the latest bios and reflashing it with the same. With the machine powered down, hold the MemOK button on the motherboard until it powers up. Wait for a bit and see if it boots.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter